tiffs2009
Have you ever had..
January 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Major side effects from birthcontrol?
I'm not talking some of the normal stuff but major?
Like 20+ lb weight gain?
Depression?
Psychological effects? Panic attacks??
Blood issues? High BP?
Ext

Replies

• OliviasMommy611
    January 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    It didn't make you bipolar, it may caused mood swings but not clinically dx bipolar.

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

Birth control actually made me bipolar.  Like insane, I would  sweet one moment and then a total crazy bitch the next . Anything the slightest would set me off. I am no longer on birth control. Like my husband told me I can't live with you on it. I haven't been on it in 10 years.

• DixieFlower
    January 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I had large weight gain from depo when I took it.

• Shaybay218
    January 27, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Nope...but my cousin gained 46 pounds off of bc...

• MTSuperMomof4
    January 27, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    Yes!!!! Too scary to recount! Will NEVER take it again. The hubby is getting neutered :)
  • Janet
    by Janet
    January 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Some of the BC pills made me sick to my stomach. I had to go through a few to find one that didn't but they did find one.

• mommyangel49
    January 27, 2013 at 6:31 PM

You need to try something else.  Get to your doctor

• luvmybug
    January 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    No.
  • Strength4Karma
    January 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    On da pills, I was nauseous 24/7. I always felt like vomiting, n I had no appetite. I switch to the nuva_ring n it was hell. After sex, the pain in my lower stomach was unbearable. It literally felt like I was being stabbed over n over again, n those pain last for days, then went away. I got off of those immediately, after I was sure it was da ring. I decided not to get on bc at all. My body juz don't agree w/ it.
  • MommyBell
    January 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

one bc made me start every morning.

depo i have gained 16 pounds and have been light bleeding for three weeks

I knew one girl who went psyco on her husband on the iud

• twynns
    by twynns
    February 8, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    Sorry, I'm just seeing this :/ It was the only thing (taking them) that I started to do that was different. When I seriously felt like I was loosing it, I stopped and asked myself that question.