Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
Do you kiss your baby on the mouth?
January 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I Kiss My Baby on the Mouth & I Love It

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on January 24, 2013 

baby kiss

I kiss my baby on the mouth and I love it. Love it, love it, love it. I started doing it minutes after my daughter was born, and nine months later, when she's teething and drooly, our make-out sessions are still going strong.

In all honesty, I thought this was something all moms did. Until I did it in front of a friend the other day, and she went: "Oh, you do that?"

"What?" I laughed. "Mouth-kiss my baby?"

"Yeah," she said giggly and disgusted. "I'm not really into that."

"I always do it," I said, karate-chopping a line of drool.

A third mom-friend who was there chimed in, "Oh, I do it, too."

But our one friend wasn't having it. So, clearly all moms aren't mouth-kissers.

My husband has never been a huge fan of planting kisses on our daughter's lips. "Do it," I sometimes tell him. "It feels so good." He'll give her a sweet little peck on her tiny baby kisser, but it's clear he's more into cheek, head, and tummy smooches.

So, what is it? It's not just a dude thing if other moms aren't into it. Personally, I think it's sweet. In fact, it's my very favorite place to kiss my baby. She's even now taken to "giving kisses back", AKA she opens her mouth up wide when I say, "Give mama a kiss" in a high-pitched squeal.

The thing is, I know there will come a time when my daughter isn't as enthusiastic or delighted to kiss me as she is now. There will come a time when mouth-kisses definitely aren't welcomed, and in fact, they'll be weird. That time is very far off, but I'm dreading it. So, I don't know, maybe I'm trying to get as much out of her babyhood as I possibly can. Maybe I want to be as close as humanly possibly right now. Maybe I want to do things that only a mama can/is willing to do to, in some odd way, express my love.

Or maybe I'm just gross.

Do you kiss your baby on the mouth?

Replies

• USMCwife0530
    January 26, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    Sure do! My boys are 4 and 17 months old :)
  • DixieFlower
    January 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I have always kissed my sons on their mouth.

• MamaMoopsie
    January 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

My daughter, who is 9 almost ten told me at the end of Kindergarten that it was weird seeing other moms kiss their kids on the mouths. We'd eased off before this, not because we really thought it was weird, we just grew out of it. She still wanted a mouth kiss at bed time, but she thought it was strange that about half of the kids in her class still mouth kissed. I guess for me, at some point it does become awkward.

Quoting splatz:

Why is it weird once they are school age?

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

I definitely mouth-kiss my babies. Even my 2 and 3 year olds still kiss me on the mouth. It's not weird yet, but about the time they start school we'll ease off that. My DH doesn't mouth kiss, it's pervy to him. He kisses heads, cheeks,feet, and hands. No bellies, no mouths. For me it is a bonding thing, a closeness that can only be hand by mommy and baby. The best is when they start kissing back of their own free will. My 1 year old is still learning. She leans in with pursed lip and just as I go in for the kiss she opens up and slobbers me! I love it!

• Ms.Blair
    January 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

No I Do't? baby boy

• luvmybug
    January 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM

when she was a baby, i did. dd still tries to kiss me on the mouth sometimes, and i see nothing wrong with it at long as we are both comfortable with it. :) to each their own!

• naynay76
    January 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    1. i did when my girls were little they are 20,19,13 now but yes i do my grandbabies
  • MrsKish
    by MrsKish
    January 27, 2013 at 1:10 AM

yes and my older kids to there's nothing wrong with peck on the lips.

i even give my mom & grandma  pecks on the lips.

i think all depends on how u were raised.  

My DH dose not give kisses on the lips forehead and cheeks only. his family is not vary affectionate at all.

• Strength4Karma
    January 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Cheek only. Me personally, finds mouth kissing w/ a,baby very disgusting. But its your baby, so do as u plz. I dnt knock others for doin it. But if I c anyone, even my mother, mouth kissing my baby, I'll hav a big problem wit that
  • Karatemom90210
    January 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    My son is 5 and I still kiss him on the mouth,it feels very natural!I love him,why wouldn't I kiss him? If u r gross than I am compleytely disgusting!lol!
  • amirah827
    January 27, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Yes I kiss my baby (4) on the lips and will continue!!! It's an expression of Love through affection.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts