nightowl.poet
OCD!!!!
January 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Anyone have OCD?

I have OCD and I don't want my Daughter to follow in her mothers foot steps on this.  I have had OCD since I was 2 yrs old.  It's not something easy to deal with when you have a one year old.  I have noticed that after my daughter eats something messy like raviolis, she has it every where which is normal we are working with the fork. I clean her up like normal but she wants me to pick her up and I can't till I clean her hands off first. I know this might sound very mean to other moms, but I don't know how to fix this with out it effecting her.

Replies

• goddess99
    January 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Have you tried therapy for yourself?

Good luck =)

• Pessema
    by Pessema
    January 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM

That is normal a lot of people clean off their child's hands first. It just makes sense.

• chattycassie
    January 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Keep wipes handy wipe her hands first.

• virgochild79
    January 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Yes I've had it since I was a little girl but it has absolutely nothing to do with cleaning. I'm a counter and I have to touch corners and yes, it drives me nuts sometimes.

• MistressMinerva
    January 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I only have OCD at work.

• angirose
    January 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I have ODC as well....i think its pretty normal for your child to want her hands washed. I wouldnt worry about it much. I have two out of my three boys 23,20 and 7. who are mild cases of OCD. Im not really sure if they even see it as OCD. They are cleaner than most and more driven. Very intelligent boys. Not really sure if you can say thats a bad thing. MY OCD is a bit more exstreem. I dont get pushy or annoyed openly with people nor do i get moody because I have OCD. But my house is cleaner than most. I am very organized, and successful at my job because I work many hours. I DONT loose sleep because my kitchen is a lit dirty. Or because there is drop of juice on the floor. I just clean and move on. I think there are many levels of OCD. I actually feel pretty blessed that I am OCD. Its helped me stay on track with my life even tho there is a lot of different things going on. And its given me the ability to be my own boss and be successful.

So try not to worry to much. I think at this point the behavior is pretty noraml.

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Quoting Pessema:

That is normal a lot of people clean off their child's hands first. It just makes sense.

• apixieprincess
    January 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Zoloft really helped my ocd and compulsive behavior, and counseling.

I didn't want it to effect my kids either, so I got some help.  I used to vacuum every time someone or something messed up my lines.  I would scrub my tubs 4 or 5 times a day, wipe down my sinks and doorknobs multiple times a day, wash my hands repetitively.  Now I clean like a normal person and only was my hands once instead of multiple times in a row.

If you are OCD get some help, it makes life better.

• ZakkarysMom
    January 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    Im not sure if a 1 or 2 yr old can have OCD....
  • BelleVernonGirl
    January 25, 2013 at 3:49 AM

When my kids were little...I would only let them have a popsicle in the bathtub b/c I hated the sticky...and I don't have OCD...your fine....