Featured Posts
WooMommy7
Potty Training
January 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Hi my name is tina, im trying really hard to get my son ethen who just turned 4 to potty train, he's a little behind other kids becase he was preamature and was deaf for awhile. I can get him to pee in the potty but i can't get him to poop in it at all. Can anybody help me with this? My daughter turns 3 in a month and she's getting ready to try too. Thank you

Replies

• delanna6two
    January 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I started late with all mine except the 1st....I had to continue to work with each one until they caught on....it will come....with my youngest she would bend down and that helped cue me to get her to the pot so she understood #2 goes in the potty also.

• splatz
    by splatz
    January 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    I'm not sure. Have you tried talking to your pediatrician?
  • wifeynmommie80
    January 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Mine didn't like to poop either.  We did a few things of course rewards are great, but you probably know that.  We also got a froggy potty, it was soooo cute, and perfect for boys, and doesnt hurt thier legs with the guard so they can sit longer confortably . But what we did was give him something to do. So if he was in his bathroom we would give him the Ipad, or a phone and let him play games till he went. Plus remember boys are sometimes a little bit behind girls anyways, I bet once ur DD starts going he will get the idea and want to keep up with her and go himself.

• WooMommy7
    January 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I tried rewards, and i have talked to the pediatrician about it he told me he should be close to having it done and my daughter should be starting too. I bought him his own special potty and i try to keep him busy, He grab his butt when he has to poop. I go up there with him to try to get him too go and i let him play with my cell or anything i can do to amuse him but he just hold it up. I tried giving him different rewards too and im still not having any luck. im not to upset about frustrated a little bit but im hoping he pick it up sooon

• WooMommy7
    April 8, 2013 at 3:58 AM

He's got it now, i still didn't do rewards but he got excited cause he gets to be a big boy. Plus we got to get ready to go to school so i couldn't be happier

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN