splatz
What can I do to help my congested 2 year old?
by splatz
January 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM

She is just absolutely miserable right now. Her little chest sounds horrible. Her nose has been pouring non-stop. Obviously I can't give her any over the counter stuff since she is so young. Shes sleeping now but I think if she wakes up I will try to run some really hot water in the shower & let the bathroom steam up.

Any other ideas on anything I can do to help her?

Replies

• newmommy426
    January 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    Bump mama
  • enafaye
    by enafaye
    January 22, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Our dr. always suggested salt water nose drops, and a cool mister in the bedroom. Hope she feels better soon.

• Mrs.Bolin
    January 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM

cool mist humidiier or a vaperizer will do. vicks baby rub and keep her head elevated when laying down. vasaline under her nostrils if they are red. They do have some hylands childrens syrups to soothe the throat from dranage for ages 2 and up.They are all natural. Hope baby gets to feeling better fast :(

• splatz
    by splatz
    January 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    I totally forgot about baby Vicks. I will have to grab some tomorrow.

This is why I love this group. My overly tired brain can't think worth a crap right now lol.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

cool mist humidiier or a vaperizer will do. vicks baby rub and keep her head elevated when laying down. vasaline under her nostrils if they are red. They do have some hylands childrens syrups to soothe the throat from dranage for ages 2 and up.They are all natural. Hope baby gets to feeling better fast :(

• splatz
    by splatz
    January 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    Thank you!

Quoting newmommy426:

Bump mama
  • splatz
    by splatz
    January 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    I'll try the saline spray tomorrow once my other half is home to help. No way I can hold her crazy little butt down to do it alone lol. Thanks! :)

Quoting enafaye:

Our dr. always suggested salt water nose drops, and a cool mister in the bedroom. Hope she feels better soon.

• jonaners
    January 23, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    Baby benadril works takes away congestion and helps her sleep at night
  • opinionatedmom
    January 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM

vicks and socks on her feet. also a humidifier.  and them dang nasal syringes that they absolutely hate. green tea.

• GoldenLinds
    January 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    Warm fluids are good. Wish I could help more but when my son is like that I put breast milk in his nose and it clears out the mucous and helps seal the membranes so he doesn't get as snotty at night. I also sleep on the couch so I can sit and he can stay propped and conected all night. Its the only way we sleep at all.
  • barneysaid
    January 23, 2013 at 2:21 AM
    Quoting GoldenLinds:

Warm fluids are good. Wish I could help more but when my son is like that I put breast milk in his nose and it clears out the mucous and helps seal the membranes so he doesn't get as snotty at night. I also sleep on the couch so I can sit and he can stay propped and conected all night. Its the only way we sleep at all.

Breast milk?? Really? Never heard of doing that. Interesting.