011mikkilove
1st B-day Party
January 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Can anyone help me? This is my first child and she is turning 1 in a month and i was wondering what do you do at a 1st bday party? like do you have games or something or what cause i have no idea... All ideas will help thanks :)

Replies

• Mrs.Bolin
    January 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM

My daughter was a summer baby. I had her party at a park. Family just visited and we did the cake,presents and we had lil sandwiches, chips a big bowl of fresh fruit. I didnt think games and stuff were nesessary for a babies party

• goddess99
    January 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM

We didn't have games, at 1, I just don't know a game that would hold interest. All I did was have a ton of people over, openned gifts and had cake. Literally that was it. I ordered a beautiful cake to match our theme, ladybugs, didn't have a smash cake. Just because I think they're stupid. Everyone had a nice time. Looking back, I would not change a thing.

• Squirrel1309
    January 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM

For our baby's first we are planning to just have family and friends over, have some food and cake- just keep it low key. The birthday boy won't know the difference this year, it's really more for the parents. Just keep it simple and have fun!

• splatz
    by splatz
    January 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I think games would only work if you plan on having a lot of older children attending. 

For my oldest we had a party at Chuck E Cheese (WORST. idea. ever. lol- my ex mil insisted we have it there because she didn't want to have it at her house & ours was too small.)

My youngest we had a party at the park. The kids ran around & played. The adults socialized. Food, cake, & present opening.  

Keeping it simple is always the easiest route for 1st birthdays in my opinion. If your little one is overwhelmed & is melting down its not going to be very enjoyable for you or her. 

• delanna6two
    January 23, 2013 at 9:31 AM