barneysaid
*** My son is 5 y/o and....***
January 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM

He has his first loose tooth...!!!! Is he too young or this age is normal? I'm nervous and excited because I'm afraid he'll forget and it will come out and he won't realize it. I already explained to him what to do but still.... This is my first time doing the Tooth Fairy thing and I'm soooooo excited!!!

Replies

• jessi2girls
    January 22, 2013 at 12:54 AM

4-6 is about the average age that children will start to lose their first tooth. 

• Kris_PBG
    January 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM
    Very normal.

Some kids start losing them at 4.
  • WheelerWife
    January 22, 2013 at 12:56 AM

My oldest son lost his first tooth in preschool, so he was 5 also. He got his first tooth much earlier than his siblings and starting losing his teeth earlier too (they were all around 7 before they had a wiggly tooth.)

i think he'll be fine. Just keep an eye on him of you're very nervous. 

Good luck tooth fairy!!

• barneysaid
    January 22, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Quoting WheelerWife:

My oldest son lost his first tooth in preschool, so he was 5 also. He got his first tooth much earlier than his siblings and starting losing his teeth earlier too (they were all around 7 before they had a wiggly tooth.)

i think he'll be fine. Just keep an eye on him of you're very nervous. 

Good luck tooth fairy!!

I'm so paranoid since he's in kindergarten all day. But yea, I'll be checking on him constantly. Thanks!!!

• splatz
    by splatz
    January 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    That is a normal age. I don't think he will forget about it. Or let you forget about it lol. My son is always wiggling his when they are loose. And asking me to check it 27273 times a day to see if its more loose yet lol.
  • WheelerWife
    January 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM

My guess is that other kids in his class have lost teeth, so he probably knows what's up.

When my boys have lost teeth at school they've been sent to the nurse where they get a tooth shaped tooth holder on a necklace to take their tooth home in. That alone made them very excited to lose a tooth. :0)

• barneysaid
    January 22, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Quoting WheelerWife:

My guess is that other kids in his class have lost teeth, so he probably knows what's up.

When my boys have lost teeth at school they've been sent to the nurse where they get a tooth shaped tooth holder on a necklace to take their tooth home in. That alone made them very excited to lose a tooth. :0)

aaawwww that is so cute. I wonder if his school does it too =)

• barneysaid
    January 22, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Quoting splatz:

That is a normal age. I don't think he will forget about it. Or let you forget about it lol. My son is always wiggling his when they are loose. And asking me to check it 27273 times a day to see if its more loose yet lol.

Yes, that was my son today running around the house telling everyone about his loose tooth. It was cute. But he hasn't let me forget it yet!! I already told him about the Tooth Fairy so he got more excited =)

• WheelerWife
    January 22, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I know losing a tooth was a big deal at my boys' preschool and elementary schools. 

My middle son was a little bummed when he didn't lose a tooth in preschool because it was kind of a huge deal there. They got to write in a book how they'd lost the tooth and they got a certificate, even if they lost the tooth at home.

I sure hope your DS's school does something for him. Otherwise the tooth fairy is pretty great too.