trinitysmama33
sex as exercise?
January 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM

okay so here is a question: would u count sex or any sexual activities away to burn calories?

or would u not even think bout as a way of exercise all.

Replies

• babie113
    January 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

yes i do apparently it burns a lot of calories

• Threes.Company
    January 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

eye rollingI think of sex as a relaxing experience.  It doesn't have to be rigorous and rapidly-paced to be "right".

Quoting Kaya529:

You're doing it wrong

Quoting Threes.Company:

No.

You have to have your heart rate elevated for 20-30 minutes to count it as exercise.  And, your heart rate should be increased to at least a zone 2.  For me, that is 151 beats per minute.

I am not having aerobic sex for 20-30 mins during which my heart rate is beating so fast that I might as well be running.

So, I would not count that as exercise.  Sure, you are burning calories, but your body burns calories all day long.  I would just include those calories as part of my normal daily activity, not exercise calories.

• Kaya529
    by Kaya529
    January 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    There is this thing called a sense of humor. You should try getting one.

Quoting Threes.Company:

eye rollingI think of sex as a relaxing experience.  It doesn't have to be rigorous and rapidly-paced to be "right".

Quoting Kaya529:

You're doing it wrong

Quoting Threes.Company:

No.

You have to have your heart rate elevated for 20-30 minutes to count it as exercise.  And, your heart rate should be increased to at least a zone 2.  For me, that is 151 beats per minute.

I am not having aerobic sex for 20-30 mins during which my heart rate is beating so fast that I might as well be running.

So, I would not count that as exercise.  Sure, you are burning calories, but your body burns calories all day long.  I would just include those calories as part of my normal daily activity, not exercise calories.

• alliesaurus
    January 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

guess it depends on how long and vigorous it is...and unless you are wearing a monitor the whole time- super sexy- you wouldn't be able to accurately calculate your calorie loss.

If you are counting calories for weight loss you'll have better results if you aren't counting things like sex, walking around the gorcery store, and carrying laundry baskets...and just get an actual work out in.

don't count sex as exercise, let it be a bonus activity ;)

• StrawberryCool
    January 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

hell yes. 

i burn 300 doing that shit.

• vinalex0581
    January 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM

not true.

my ex was kind of old fashion.

he rarely allowed me to be on top but i still lost 40lbs.

it has to do with how much you sweat.

Quoting virgochild79:

Uh yea. Sex burns calories unless you're one of those boring lay on your back girls. If you get up there on top, you're going to burn calories. The man is definitely burning them if he's doing all the work. I thought everyone knew that? 

• virgochild79
    January 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM

LMAO...Ok

Quoting vinalex0581:

not true.

Quoting virgochild79:

Uh yea. Sex burns calories unless you're one of those boring lay on your back girls. If you get up there on top, you're going to burn calories. The man is definitely burning them if he's doing all the work. I thought everyone knew that? 

• vinalex0581
    January 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM

not true.

with my ex, he didn't allow me on top but i still burned caleries and lost 40lbs.

Quoting Basherte:

sex is exercise, definitely. As long as you are active during sex. If you just lay there then you really aren't burning that many calories. 

• vinalex0581
    January 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM

how was she suppose to know you were joking?

you made no indication that you were

Quoting Kaya529:

There is this thing called a sense of humor. You should try getting one.

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting Kaya529:

You're doing it wrong

Quoting Threes.Company:

No.

• vinalex0581
    January 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM

=)

i'm just going by experience. 

but that doesn't mean that it works like that for everyone.

Quoting virgochild79:

LMAO...Ok

Quoting vinalex0581:

not true.

Quoting virgochild79: