Featured Posts
trinitysmama33
sex as exercise?
January 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM

okay so here is a question: would u count sex or any sexual activities away to burn calories?

or would u not even think bout as a way of exercise all.

Replies

• .dreamcatcher.
    January 21, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    I don't think of it as exercise. Sex is fun exercise is not. But they say its the best kinda exercise.
  • DragonMother10
    January 21, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    Sex is considered an exercise and it is healthy for you and your partner.
  • Dana0187
    January 21, 2013 at 2:02 AM
    Judging from how sore I am today after last nights marathon....legs, abs, arms...I'd have to say I count it as a workout. I certainly don't feel like this after a vigorous walk lol. Now a quickie or if you just lay there, I wouldn't count that. Guess it depends on the amount of time and how actively you participate ;-)
  • Bauxite-17
    January 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM

It can be sometimes, lol.

• bpryce
    by bpryce
    January 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM

i read a study saying the average couple has sex for 9min, and the average amount of calories burned from sex is 40. Now if you and hubby are very active, changing positions, doing it all over the place, and have sex for more than 1hr, then yea that would be an exercise session to me. But the standard 9min/40calories...No, you'd burn more calories if you walked up and down some steps for 9min. 

• delanna6two
    January 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I've heard it's considered exercise too.

• Luv.My.Kidz
    January 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM

wow... what kind of exercise do you do? I have fun working out! Yikes.... 

Quoting .dreamcatcher.:

I don't think of it as exercise. Sex is fun exercise is not. But they say its the best kinda exercise.

• ms-superwoman
    January 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    If it's normal everyday sex no. But if its stepped up, over the top, wild, yes. Depending on person and sex it burns 100-200 cals. lol
  • xomrs.chase
    January 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    You have to be active for it to count- but yea, it increases your heart rate and works your muscles
  • AmyL3469
    January 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM

No. You don't burn that much. I actually wore a heart rate monitor just our of curiosity. Not worth counting it.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts