Featured Posts
sofluffy137
How Long Did Your First Labor Last?
January 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM

How long was it from the time you knew you were in labor to the time your baby was out? and how long did you push for?

Replies

• mamalusbear
    January 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Four days....got to 6 cm and baby was in distress so had an emergency c-section.

• mamalusbear
    January 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

So you went into labor naturally with #2?  I'm curious because I have hope that I'll be able to deliver my second baby sans a c-section.  Were you close to your due date with #2?

Quoting mich.el.le:

I was induced and had a cesarean after 20 hours. With #2, labor was 11 hours and I pushed 15 minutes.

• luvmybug
    January 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

well, i had contractions the day i got induced. i got induced at 7pm and went into the hospital at 5am the next morning. Addi was born around 3 in the afternoon.

• justme91755
    January 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I was in labor for 26 hours with my first one.  At least that was when we were timing contractions  I could have been have labor pains for a few hours before that but wasn't sure and then we started timing them and it was apparent - Labor was in Progress!  I am not sure how long I pushed, maybe 10 - 15 minutes but it seemed like hours. It seemed longer when they were telling me to not push because the doctor wasn't ready  that felt like a century lol  All the rest of my births went fairly quickly, 2nd was about 5  hours after my water broke  Had to push quite a while with her because there was not fluid left. 3rd was a three hour labor from the time we started timing them but I was out shopping for Halloween costumes for my older 2 and did not tell my husband I was having contractions so really about 5  he was 10lbs 6 oz and he climbed out  I don't remember pushing at all but he came out.   The last one I was having Braxton Hicks for 2 months so I almost did not realize it was labor and I was only at the hospital about 4 hours before he was born. They had given me pitocin ( I don't know why I guess I was too comfortable with my contractions and they decided to "get them moving".  Again I don't really remember pushing, he just came out. another big boy ( 9lbs 8 oz)

• artistmom27
    January 21, 2013 at 5:48 AM

With my daughter, I had 12 hours of natural labor. With my son I had the horror story labor. 24 hours of hard labor and an emergency c-section.

• amanda81919
    January 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    1st 10 minutes. I went in I didn't have any contractions, 5 minutes later I was pushing and he was born.
    2nd. 15 min. Same thing, except my, water broke at home pushed for maybe 3 minutes and she was born.
  • pumpkin50
    January 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM

My water broke sometime around mid afternoon saturday, baby was born by 347 sunday morning. I think I pushed less than an hour.

• MTSuperMomof4
    January 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    Baby 1- 4 hours and I pushed for 10 minutes.
    Baby 2- 58 minutes...and I'm not sure I pushed at all. He sorta fell out haha
    Baby 3- 18 minutes. Pushed once.
    Baby 4- an hour or so. He was stubborn.
  • EmmaGlenn20
    January 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    Woke up at 1am in strong active labour, Maddie was born at 7:39am after 30 minutes of pushing.
  • zebbyzebby06
    January 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    My wAter broke at 1230am hosp gave me morphine to slow it down so icould rest since i was upall day and so i could rest. I woke uo 7am ish. I started pushi.g at about 215pm and had him at 234pm.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN