sofluffy137
How Long Did Your First Labor Last?
January 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM

How long was it from the time you knew you were in labor to the time your baby was out? and how long did you push for?

Replies

• mamalusbear
    January 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Four days....got to 6 cm and baby was in distress so had an emergency c-section.

• mamalusbear
    January 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

So you went into labor naturally with #2?  I'm curious because I have hope that I'll be able to deliver my second baby sans a c-section.  Were you close to your due date with #2?

Quoting mich.el.le:

I was induced and had a cesarean after 20 hours. With #2, labor was 11 hours and I pushed 15 minutes.

• luvmybug
    January 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

well, i had contractions the day i got induced. i got induced at 7pm and went into the hospital at 5am the next morning. Addi was born around 3 in the afternoon.

• justme91755
    January 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I was in labor for 26 hours with my first one.  At least that was when we were timing contractions  I could have been have labor pains for a few hours before that but wasn't sure and then we started timing them and it was apparent - Labor was in Progress!  I am not sure how long I pushed, maybe 10 - 15 minutes but it seemed like hours. It seemed longer when they were telling me to not push because the doctor wasn't ready  that felt like a century lol  All the rest of my births went fairly quickly, 2nd was about 5  hours after my water broke  Had to push quite a while with her because there was not fluid left. 3rd was a three hour labor from the time we started timing them but I was out shopping for Halloween costumes for my older 2 and did not tell my husband I was having contractions so really about 5  he was 10lbs 6 oz and he climbed out  I don't remember pushing at all but he came out.   The last one I was having Braxton Hicks for 2 months so I almost did not realize it was labor and I was only at the hospital about 4 hours before he was born. They had given me pitocin ( I don't know why I guess I was too comfortable with my contractions and they decided to "get them moving".  Again I don't really remember pushing, he just came out. another big boy ( 9lbs 8 oz)

• artistmom27
    January 21, 2013 at 5:48 AM

With my daughter, I had 12 hours of natural labor. With my son I had the horror story labor. 24 hours of hard labor and an emergency c-section.

• amanda81919
    January 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    1st 10 minutes. I went in I didn't have any contractions, 5 minutes later I was pushing and he was born.
    2nd. 15 min. Same thing, except my, water broke at home pushed for maybe 3 minutes and she was born.
  • pumpkin50
    January 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM

My water broke sometime around mid afternoon saturday, baby was born by 347 sunday morning. I think I pushed less than an hour.

• MTSuperMomof4
    January 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    Baby 1- 4 hours and I pushed for 10 minutes.
    Baby 2- 58 minutes...and I'm not sure I pushed at all. He sorta fell out haha
    Baby 3- 18 minutes. Pushed once.
    Baby 4- an hour or so. He was stubborn.
  • EmmaGlenn20
    January 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    Woke up at 1am in strong active labour, Maddie was born at 7:39am after 30 minutes of pushing.
  • zebbyzebby06
    January 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    My wAter broke at 1230am hosp gave me morphine to slow it down so icould rest since i was upall day and so i could rest. I woke uo 7am ish. I started pushi.g at about 215pm and had him at 234pm.