sofluffy137
How Long Did Your First Labor Last?
January 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM

How long was it from the time you knew you were in labor to the time your baby was out? and how long did you push for?

Replies

• nikkita311
    January 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

i dont know i was knocked out and had to have an emergency c-section.

• mommyofthree52
    January 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM

2 hours 51 minutes and pushed for 20 minutes. He is now a happy 13 year old boy :) time goes too fast!

• DanaG70
    by DanaG70
    January 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I was induced at 5 am, had him at 9:30 the same morning, so 4 and half hours.

• leonsmommy17
    January 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM

i was in hospital for whole week until i asked for a c section

• WooMommy7
    January 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

With my first my water broke earlie and they let me have contractions on and off for about two weeks and then went to get him, my daughter was fun beause my friend had to tell me i was in labor for some reason i couldn't figure it out. When i got to the hospital they checked me and she was already in the birth canal! Imediate C section cause they realized it was her but, she was in there breached and funny. My last one i didn't really ahve much of a labor, i got a bad tummy ache and they said my contractions where close but some medicine later and he made till the date of the c section

• MsGrayciesMommy
    January 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    I was induced due to preeclampsia. Got induced tuesday evening. Stopped progressing and baby showed distress so I got a csection thursday late afternoon.
  • mandi0913
    January 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    26 hours and pushed 3 hours with dd, child#2 ds1 20 minutes pushed 10 minutes. #3 ds2 was induced 17 hours pushed 2 1/2 hours
  • elliotmommytobe
    January 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    35hrs I pushed for about 5~10 mins
  • little.worthen
    January 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

96 hours..... yeah... four days. i had to have a c-section

• Shani527
    January 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I was admitted around noon had my daughter  about minutes after midnight, so just about 12 hrs. I did a lot of laboring at home but when it was actually "time" to go in in order to be admitted it was right after noon. 

I pushed for 20 or 30 minutes. I know that isnt typical...but I was checked for progress and was told it would still be HOURS before I would be ready to push. Well, my epi had started to wear off so I asked for it to be uped because it was getting painful. Well, shortly after it took effect again, i was told it was TIME, it was minutes from the time it took effect again. 

I had NO idea how or when to push. It was such a struggle bc I couldnt feel anything, so after awhile the dr. the nurse and I got in sync with how to do it (how to get my body to do it) and we finally got her out)

(It was a lesson learned for number 2, when my epi started to wear off and I could feel the pressure, I told my nurse, its time....sure enough I was right (maybe it was just luck) but she got the dr., my water broke and that was that, a couple pushes and I had my son)