goddess99
Using Vicks... Help
January 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM

My 10 yr old dd has a bad cold and I'm thinking about putting Vicks on the bottom of her feet but I'm not sure what this is supposed to do. Does it help with a runny nose, cough, ...???  I've read about it several times but it's just that parents do it, not why they do it.

Replies

• Shaybay218
    January 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I rubbed a little bit on my daughters chest and it helped her...never tried feet but i will next!

• Shaybay218
    January 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Delsym...if I spelled it right it's in an orange box for children works wonders too!

• goddess99
    January 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Yes I know what you're talking about. We have that. It does work well.

Quoting Shaybay218:

Delsym...if I spelled it right it's in an orange box for children works wonders too!

• MusherMaggie
    January 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    It's supposed to help with the cough, especially if she would be too sensitive to the smell on her chest or under her nose.
  • bertie4
    by bertie4
    January 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I have heard of putting Vicks on the feet but never tried it. I have tried the chest though, and it helps. I have heard if you don't wash it off before going out, the person can get pneumonia.

• madwifa
    by madwifa
    January 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM

me too never heard of putting it on feet. I would have to do it to me first to see how it felt.

• ChocolateJunky
    January 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I don't know if it does anything, but I do it lol. I figured it's worth a shot, and it couldn't hurt. I know rosemary oil (one of the ingredients in baby vicks) can be used on muscles to increase bloodflow. Other than that, at least it's a good moisturizer.