jyofray
finding new moms to hang out with
by jyofray
January 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Just wanted to know if you were to meet other moms to hang out with and what not..would their parenting come into play as to whether or not you two would become friends? Does it matter to you?

Replies

• jyofray
    by jyofray
    January 18, 2013 at 7:07 PM
    Mind if I ask how you parent your little ones? Just curious

Quoting SlapItHigh:

The other thing is that I don't like my kids around other kids when they are being spanked or shamed.  It's just not an influence I want on my boys.  So if a mother does those things around us, I'd probably not want to hang out with her.  I may not think she is a "bad mom" but I still don't want the exposure.

• signingmama2915
    January 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
    I dont really know. I dont really have any mom friends or friends for that matter that are not related to.me somehow or on cafemom
  • OliviasMommy611
    January 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    I don't have mom friends.
  • Basherte
    January 19, 2013 at 6:38 AM

It wouldn't matter to me. 

The only reason I could see it having an effect at all is if they were going to be watching my son without me around. Then it would only matter as far as how they were going to be treating my son. If they were willing to do what I would do with him, then it still wouldn't matter.

I like people for who they are. Not how they parent a child. 

Of course if they are abusive, then I don't think I would hang with them, but it would have to be obvious abuse, not just my perception of it.

• splatz
    by splatz
    January 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    I think it depends. If a mom lets their child(ren) do whatever they want and they are totally out of control I tend to just worry about my children non stop.

I had a girl I was really good friends with. But she was a horrible mom. And her kids were horrible. The last time we had a playdate at her house her toddler found a lighter and set the couch on fire. And her older ones kept cussing. We quit hanging out with kids after that. And not long after that all together.
  • wifeynmommie80
    January 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I have actually met and personally befriended a mom here on cafemom , and even though she moved away we still are friends. I doesn't bother me too much if our parenting styles are different thats why I am here to meet new people and to learn from others.

• LivinDeadGurl
    January 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I don't care how someone parents unless they are neglectful.

• kayleeab
    January 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Someones parenting doesn't come into play with me being friends with them unless they are very abusive to the children. The only way someones parenting would come into play really tough is if they were around my children.

I have some friends that are really great with kids, But I also have the friends from high school that have gotten their children taken away. Just because of their parenting wouldn't effect our friend ship. Yes I would try and help them better their lives.

• delanna6two
    January 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Welcome!!!  I try to respect others views on things...