Featured Posts
manda_rylee
Need help!!! When's the best time of year for a wedding??
January 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM
So me and my fiancé are trying to pick a date to get married but I'm having a hard time deciding the time of year.. We live in Texas so the weather isn't that big of an issue except the dead middle of summer! When did y'all get married and was it indoor/ outdoor? Super fancy or layed back?

Replies

• MamaMorgan0709
    January 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I grew up in East Texas and have lived in North Texas. If I were picking a date, I'd choose late September or early to middle of October.  

I now live in Western Kentucky. I got married in August. (HORRIBLE time of year.) It was so hot! I got married by a lake

• illinoismommy83
    January 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Spring is the traditional time for a wedding, but really it should be whatever is best for you. A winter wedding at a ski resort is great for couples who love the snow. A summer beach wedding is great for couples who love the beach. What do you guys like?

I had a laid back indoor wedding simple because I cannot handle stress and would have hired a lawyer to sue mother nature had it rained on my wedding day, lol.

• lovingmommywife
    January 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    I like spring and summer. It's beautiful out and flowers just pretty
  • almondpigeon
    January 16, 2013 at 9:55 AM

we had ours at the end of august.  super laid back.  the ceremony was inside, but the reception was outside.  it was perfect right up until it started pouring rain.  planning an outside wedding would scare me for that reason.

• VickyJoJo
    January 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM

We had our wedding in Massachusetts on May 15.  The ceremony and cocktail hour was outside and it was beautiful - sunny and warm but not hot.  Reception was indoors.  Not super fancy but not completely laid back either.  Very traditional flow to the day.  If you do have an outdoor wedding, have a backup plan in case of rain. 

• jak3739
    by jak3739
    January 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM

When both of you can get to the altar at the same time---lol.

We got married in June because we were both teachers at the time and that was the soonest we could schedule it.  But really, we didn't  care when we got married or even if we ended up doing so in jeans, we just wanted to get married.  So I guess I'm not much help.

• TheLadyAmalthea
    January 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Depends on where you live and the weather patterns. I got married in July. Which would sound perfect, but unfortunately it was also monsoon season. My outdoor wedding got put indoors. Since it was summer, it was totally laid back. The bridesmaids wore a simple white skirt with a purple top and white flip flops. My colors were lavender and yellow. I had sunflowers. It was just a small gathering with close friends and family. About 80 people were there. It was perfect.

• LongBeachLiz
    January 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    June is month of marriage.
  • cookinmommyof1
    January 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    We got married in november and had the reception in december. We had it indoor. We got married at the courthouse and had the reception at the legion hall and served beer and bbq. It was fun and laid back, and best off all, CHEAP! Lol
  • auntangelofsix
    January 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    Spring.may 19th 01.indoors and at a church.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts