Featured Posts
JenniferMiller0
Don't tell me how to feed MY baby!!!!!!!
January 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM

So, I've heard all this bad stuff about baby cereal and oatmeal. I even made a post in group asking a question but no one answered my question because they were so intent upon tell me how bad feeding my baby oatmeal was and that I should do "baby led solids" and completly skip baby food all together. I did research it and decided that "bab led solids" just wasn't for me...especially seeing as how we get FREE baby food through my WIC. Why let all that food go to waste? I understand that people have opinions but someone could have at least answered my question before telling me what to feed MY baby. >.>

Replies

• emeraldangel2.0
    January 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM

you're new huh? that was actually NICE compared to what i've seen. take everything here with a grain of salt.

and be prepared to be bashed for getting wic. nothing people here hate more than someone declaring they're on public assistance.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I think they were just trying to give information. Some people are not aware that cereal is garbage and not necessary and would love to know that information. If you want to give cereal, then do it. Tune everyone else out.

• StrawberryCool
    January 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM
    Who cares what other people say.

I love when people say its bad and itll lead to problems.

Or how people bash ff.

Then get pissy when I tell em I got a perfectly healthy baby.

But its you baby, so eff whatever everyone thinks
  • Shadow17
    January 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Every time we turn around something new is bad and what was bad is now good. I fed both my boys cereal and they are healthy happy young men, 19 and 21. My daughter loves cereal still she's 21 mos, sometimes I mix her cherrios in it for fun. She has been the healthest of all my kids, she still sleeps with me, I nursed all my kids, I fed the boys table foods at a few weeks old, ( my daughter had to wait longer because she has downs, so it was harder to feed),used blankets on all my kids as infants. I let them lead as to when to potty train, and do away with the bottle, as they were given bottles when I wasn' home. No schedules, even since I've been working, with my daughter, she takes her naps when she's ready. I'm sure there's more that I did "wrong", lol but who cares my kids are great.

• EmmaZate
    January 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    I get upset when people judge. Certain groups bother me in that respect... "We don't judge here... But if you act like your going to do something we don't agree with we will!" It's pathetic.

If you want to feed your baby baby food, more power to ya! Every child and parent are different.
  • BelleVernonGirl
    January 14, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I always fed mine cereal...I got WIC as well..they are 16 and fine...I don't see the problem.  What was the original question you asked about it?  I missed it...

• TinkerBell2013
    January 14, 2013 at 2:41 AM
    I have fed both of my boys Cereal and oatmeal. They both are healthy. We got WIC also. There is nothing wrong with feeding your baby cereal and oatmeal and there is nothing wrong with getting WIC. There are alot of parents here that depend on WIC. Dont listen to what other people say. They are going to tell you that its all bad. That you are hurting your baby by feeding it them but I dont think its bad for them.
  • SlapItHigh
    January 14, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I would thank them for sharing important info with you.  If you don't believe it, or you believe it but feel that free food is more important, then by all means go the route of your choice.  Why wouldn't you want the information though?  As mothers, it's important that we share with each other.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Everyone will have an opinion but you are the parent!

• JenniferMiller0
    January 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I asked if adding a pumping session in so i have bm to put in the oatmeal would increase my supply. Cause I already have a pretty heavy supply. And I do understand that people have different opinions and I did do research before deciding to feed him oatmeal. I'm not anemic but my iron levels are rather low, according to the last blood test I had when I got my second shot of depo. It's just barely high enough for me to not be considered anemic.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I always fed mine cereal...I got WIC as well..they are 16 and fine...I don't see the problem.  What was the original question you asked about it?  I missed it...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts