Featured Posts
JenniferMiller0
Don't tell me how to feed MY baby!!!!!!!
January 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM

So, I've heard all this bad stuff about baby cereal and oatmeal. I even made a post in group asking a question but no one answered my question because they were so intent upon tell me how bad feeding my baby oatmeal was and that I should do "baby led solids" and completly skip baby food all together. I did research it and decided that "bab led solids" just wasn't for me...especially seeing as how we get FREE baby food through my WIC. Why let all that food go to waste? I understand that people have opinions but someone could have at least answered my question before telling me what to feed MY baby. >.>

Replies

• .oOMellyOo.
    January 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM

The statistics show delaying solids decreases the chance of juvenile diabetes. Is that the magic answer you're looking for? 

• .oOMellyOo.
    January 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM

More information on why its bad. Do yourself a favor and research on your own.

• jakesmom323
    January 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    Complaining that you get free baby food and then complaining about other people commenting on what they do with their baby, isn't going to get you anywhere on CM.....I do have to say to follow your mommy gut and doctor's advice. I BF, formula feed, and give my baby oatmeal and certain foods because he's developmentally ready. I don't go on here for exceptance on what I want for my children;)
  • aarensmommy
    January 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM

2 of my 3 kids didnt like cereal or oatmeal the one that did i gave him cereal at 4+ months never had an issue. i have recently read it can cause stomach issues that they cant digest it, but my dr never told me not to feed it to my kids. we also get wic i just dont get the cereal they allow cause dd dont eat it. and i started solids as soon as she was ready. around 5-6mon

you do what feels right for your child everyone has different opinions

• patticoss
    January 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I fed both my babies baby food and cereal. I did not feed my daughter oatmeal though because I am allergic to it, and when I did research and talked to her dr. she agree we should wait till she was 1 to try it.

• Charizma77
    January 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM

It's funny, In real life my friends are nothing like the ladies on here. I see one of them feeding their kid baby cereal and I want to laugh and say oh if only the moms on CM knew..  I think that about a lot of stuff. But, I've learned a lot on here so I can't complain but man some woman are overly concerned what others do. Nothing wrong with puting some info out there but chill out! I am way too laid back and too much time worrying about my own family to really care what people on the Internet do or don't do.

• mypbandj
    January 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM

processed cereals like rice and oatmeal are going to be on par with feeding your toddler boxed cereal. None of it has any real nutritional value - that's just how processed foods are. There are much healthier options but if that's not your goal, then go for it. 

• Charizma77
    January 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Wow, if I ever need info I'll just ask you, I mean you are so sweet about it and all...lol. Honestly, I ignore this kind of attitude but will listen to the reasoning   of someone who Is pleasant  about it.  

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

• .oOMellyOo.
    January 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM

How is rude that I suggest researching on your own? 

Quoting Charizma77:

Wow, if I ever need info I'll just ask you, I mean you are so sweet about it and all...lol. Honestly, I ignore this kind of attitude but will listen to the reasoning   of someone who Is pleasant  about it.  

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

• Charizma77
    January 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM

It was just the way you wrote this comment and the one before. Just made me laugh, that's all.  

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

How is rude that I suggest researching on your own? 

Quoting Charizma77:

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts