Featured Posts
angellily44
Mom of 4..no "Real" friends.
January 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Hi, so lately I feel like everyone has a group of friends they can confide in or just hang out with except me. I get on facebook and see pics of friends hanging out or joking back and forth about this or that. I moved here a few years ago because my husband is from here and has a good job. When we got married he had 2 boys, which he has full custody of. So I became a mom right away. The first year was like playing house and it never really bothered me that I didnt have any good friends or family around. But since then we have added a little girl, who is now 3 and also have one one the way. Lately, I feel like such a loser because my husband always has friends coming over or hes going over there and all I do is just chill at the house. It gets very lonely. I have tried to be friends with some of my husbands friends but they all have their established friends and I dont want to be what I call a "charity friend." I know Im not the only one who feels like this, I guess it just goes with being a a stay at home mom. I also do go to church but everyone is a lot older or a lot younger than me and its hard for me to find a babysitter for my kids. I guess Im just looking for people who are or have been in the same boat. I want to be able to enjoy my kids and the blessing i have, because my kids wont be little forever.

Thanks,

no friends

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    I know sitting in the house with just the kids can get pretty lonely. Does your husband take you out at all?
  • goddess99
    January 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Volunteer at your kids school or join and be active in the PTO. You'll definitely meet and interact with people that way.

• aprilmcgraw
    January 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    I no exactly how you feel.I am also the mother of 4 .And when I do find the time to hang with friends I realize I have none.The few I do have are from my childhood and we no longer have anything in common.I think many moms struggle with this.If you find a solution let me know.lol.
  • angellily44
    January 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Ive thought about volunteering at my kids school but I have a 3 year old who is not in school and another little girl on the way. I guess Ill just have to wait til they are all school aged to have a social life again...lol Its nice to know Im not alone in this. Thanks

• lola-rae
    January 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM
    I feel the same way just email me lolaeae66@ yahoo.com we can hang out
  • koliver1986
    January 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    Omg i know the feelonv also i go no qhere and hang out with no ons bur my kuds
  • auntangelofsix
    January 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    I know the feeling too.
  • Kim042269
    January 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM

My husband and I visit together, not separately - we are one unit. I know that's a bit unorthodox, but it's common where he's from. At any rate, I don't feel a lack of friends because I'm busy, my life revolves around my work and family, and my husband doesn't leave me sitting at home alone while he hangs out with friends.

• aprilmcgraw
    January 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    I also have a two yr old and no sitter.It makes everything impossible.I cant pee on my own how would I leave the house on my own?
  • rybugsmom
    January 10, 2013 at 1:27 AM

just message me i ll be more than glad to talk to you i kno how you feel i struggle with this everday

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts