Featured Posts
Pammi86
Tax Question?
by Pammi86
January 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I exceeded the $600 this year for earnings on CafeMom and have to send them a W9 and file a 1099 form. I have never paid in for this before so I was just curious if any of you have? I am pretty sure I did not exceed the $600 by much so is this going to be costly or what should I expect? Thanks for the help ladies! Just wanted to know what I was looking at here bc I did not realize I would have to file! Thanks! : )

Replies

• shadow_lark
    January 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    I thought you didn't have to file unless you made more than 3 k. I wouldn't think you would have to pay much though. The IRS has a free tax calculator you can use. It only takes about ten minutes.
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Thanks! I was thinking it shoudn't be much!

Quoting shadow_lark:

I thought you didn't have to file unless you made more than 3 k. I wouldn't think you would have to pay much though. The IRS has a free tax calculator you can use. It only takes about ten minutes.

• splatz
    by splatz
    January 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    I just got this too. I can't figure out how I managed to go over that amount either. I'm a sahm so I dont have any taxes that I would be filing other than this now. Agh...
  • MistressMinerva
    January 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM

If you make over 3000 then you will have to file it with your taxes. But if this is all you made this yr then you won't have to file it but if your married and hubby claims you and files jointly then you will have to file it.

• kbarendt
    January 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    What does that mean earnings on cafemom? Im new to the site I didnt realize you get taxed on it
  • DixieFlower
    January 7, 2013 at 4:44 PM

What mistress said is correct. Also remember the 600.00 includes any product you recieved through influencer programs. When I filed my taxes last year my return dropped a little bit after I put the 1099 in. It wasn't enough though for me to really be all that concerned about.

• DixieFlower
    January 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Cafemom has moderator oportunities that you can recieve compensation for if you meet certain goals. They also have an influencer program that you can sign up for and if selected you recieve product that you review on the site for them. They keep track of the value of all of this and if it exceeds 600.00 they have to get a W-9 and you will have too file a 1099. However, being a moderator is something you are asked to do and you can decline if you wish. There are no taxes involved in just being a member of this site.

Quoting kbarendt:

What does that mean earnings on cafemom? Im new to the site I didnt realize you get taxed on it

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts