Featured Posts
JenniferMiller0
Formula
January 6, 2013 at 6:14 PM

So, I have a lot of Similac formula that I don't need because LO is EBF. We get it from his WIC, even though I've told his nutrionist that we don't need it she insists on us still getting them. Would I get in trouble if I gave it away? I'm not talking about selling it or anything, just giving it to moms who may need it. cause I seriously doubt he will ever use any of it.

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    I would give it to someone in need rather than it go to waste.
  • louzannalady
    January 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    No you will not get into trouble giving them to someone in need. We cannot drink all the milk they give us. A family of three (four in all but DS2 is only five months and not in solids) gets over seven gallons a month. I told them it was more than we could use more than once. They have told me these resources are already allocated and to just give any excess to a neighbor or family. My neighbors are eldery and on fixed income, so I give them two gallons at the end of the month, which is the tougher part of their pension check. We also don't use the baby rice cereal, but I get it anyway and donate it to a local food pantry.
  • MistressMinerva
    January 6, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I would give to someone that needs it. You won't get in trouble.

• Mrs.Bolin
    January 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM

give it away. you cant get in trouble. They wont know anyway if you did it.

• DixieFlower
    January 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Are they giving you formula vouchers or just cans at your appointments. If it's cans at the appointments I don't see a problem with giving them away. If it's vouchers you can just not redeem them. There were months where I had more than enough cans of tuna so those months I wouldn't get the tuna that was on the voucher. You don't have to get everything that is on the voucher.

• JenniferMiller0
    January 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Okay, I was just wondering. And to DixieFlower, I get it at the WIC store/warehouse here in town.

• birdiemom
    January 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    I gave all the formula I had to the local food pantry
  • goddess99
    January 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I would donate it to a food bank.

• delanna6two
    January 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I think this would be good too!

Quoting Janet:

I would give it to someone in need rather than it go to waste.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM

They say not to but...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN