Featured Posts
Alexandria0791
Question
January 5, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I am 39 weeks due in a week. I have this terrible cough that I can't get rid off. My sides are killing me. I will be in labor soon and need advice on how to get rid of this cough before then. I've used honey with lemon juice and it subsides for a while but it doesn't go away. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. 

Replies

• signingmama2915
    January 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I would call your doctor to see what you can take for it. When I had something similar and I was about 32 weeks I was given cough syrup with codine. 

• 2boysandhubby
    January 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    Onion syrup, dice up 2 medium onions, put in pyrex pitcher, top/cover w. Tons on sugar, let sit for a few hrs. Or overnight, toss diced onions, refridge the leftover syrup. take a tablespoon of the "syrup" every few hrs. It should be very sweet to taste.
  • SlapItHigh
    January 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Contact your provider.

• SlapItHigh
    January 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 6, 2013 at 2:19 AM
    Contact your doctor since your pregnant.
  • jltplk25
    January 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    The best thing is liquids. Since you're so close to delivering, your doctor can prescribe something afterwards. I wound up having to take a prescription cough syrup with codeine bc nothing else was working, however I was 20-something weeks.
  • delanna6two
    January 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM

check with your drs....hope you get better...

• MistressMinerva
    January 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I would call Dr.

• Mrs.Bolin
    January 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM

get a cool mist humidifier or a vaperizer and put a sheet over you and it like a croup tent. Hang out in there alot. it helps

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN