cookinmommyof1
Amish Friendship Cinnamon Bread Recipe
January 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM

*do not use ant metal utensils or bowls

*do not refrigerate

*if air form in the bag, let it our

*it si normal for the batter to bubble and ferment

*if you get behind a day or so in a step, just pik up where you left off. the batter is still good

day 1: mix 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour in gallon size ziploc bag, label with date

day 2-5: massage the bag

day 6: add 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar and massage the bag.

day 7-9: massage the bag

day 10: follow instructions below:

1. pour contents into a non metal mixing bowl (fairly large bowl)

2. add 1/2c flour, 1c sugar, 1 1/2c milk and mix.

3. measure out 4 one cup portions into gallon size siploc bags labeled with the date.

4. preheat the oven to 325*.

5. to the remaining batter add: 3 eggs, 2c flour, 3/4c veg oil, 1/2c milk, 1c sugar, 2tsp cinnamon, 1/2tsp vanilla, 1 1/2tsp baking powder, 1 1/2tsp baking soda, 1/2tsp salt, 1 large box vanilla pudding (or desired flavor). mix well. you can substitute 1/4c apple sauce for each egg, and use brown sugar for white sugar for more cake like texture.

6. grease 2 large or 4 small loaf pans, or 24 muffin cups. mix an additional 1/2c sugar and 2tsp cinnamon and dust pans with 1/2 th mixture.

7. pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon/sugar. bake for 45-55 mins (30-35 mins for muffins). let cool 10-15 min in pans and loosen edges with spatula before removing to wire cooling racks.

Replies

• cookinmommyof1
    January 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    When my mom makes it she will use white chocolate pudding and add white chocolate chips. Its really good, but really rich. Another one she makes is with peanut butter pudding, peanut butter chips, peanuts, and she makes a peanut butter frosting and sprinkles mini mms on it. She made a few of those for a bake sale and she had to make a dozen photocopies of the recipe. Her friend paula adds pistachio pudding and pictachios and its quite tasty.

Also, after you've gone through a batch and have the starter bags (or if you find someone to give a bag to) do nothing on day 1.
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Thanks for sharing!

• goddess99
    January 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Thank you for recipe. I had it years ago, very good.

• MistressMinerva
    January 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Thanks for sharing.

• SlapItHigh
    January 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Thanks for sharing!

• DixieFlower
    January 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I love this bread. Unfortunately I always forget about it.

• delanna6two
    January 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM