Featured Posts
femijrsmommy
Had a surgical cerclage in October.... 6 mos along now anyone have this done?
January 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM

its a boyJust curious to know if anyone has experienced this surgery and what they went thru. was your baby full term did you have any complications? Did you doc reccommend you stray from sex? Anything you can tell me would be great!!!

Replies

• EmmaZate
    January 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    I had a cerclage put in in December of last year. My cerclage was a rescue cerclage and had a high failure risk, but in my circumstances I made the choice because I had to do something.

They are discussing giving me one now, and here is what I know. Most of the time a cerclage is put in because a history of cervical incompetence or a high risk of preterm delivery. Any type of cervical trauma adds to this, weather it be a tear from a prior delivery or a surgery. It is normal practice for a doctor to recommend you stay away from sex while a cerclage is in, because Seminal fluid can cause premature dilation and the cerclage is meant to prevent it.

My personal experience with a cerclage was failure. My cervix ripped and it failed at 22 weeks. We just have too much experience with premature labor.
  • femijrsmommy
    January 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM

ok. im sorry about your premature labors my 1st son was born at 26 weeks. and we did the cerclage to prevent this one from being a premie. Thank  you so much for you reply.

• goddess99
    January 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Bump

never heard of it

• mandi0913
    January 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    I had one placed at 20 weeks with my youngest ds. I was dilated to a 4 and the bag with his foot was starting to protrude. Mine was done on emergency status. I had to stay on bed rest and no sex at all. I delivered at 37 weeks 4 days. My baby was 7lbs 3.5oz. It saved my sons life.
  • cookinmommyof1
    January 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    I have 2 friends who have had this done. One had cervical cancer and lost half her cervix, the other dilated to 4 at like 4 months and had preterm labor several times. Friend 2 was on bed rest and modified bed rest the remainder of her pregnancy. Best of luck
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM

No sorry.

• SlapItHigh
    January 6, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Not me, bump.;

• auntangelofsix
    January 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    No sorry
  • cmaywill109
    January 10, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    I just had mine done today so I can't tell you yet how it will turn out.
  • triplets0718
    January 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    I had one at 13wks, I was preggo with my triplets. It was planned and recommended. We didn't want to get into the rescue situation. I went in bed rest with them at 25wks and delivered at 33wks.(this is considered full term for trips). And yes the doc said no sex.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts