busymomof2518
Spongebob??
January 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM

So I've been living with my MIL and she thinks that Spongebob for my 3 year old is perfectly fine. Though I have asked her nicely not to let him watch it.

Study's have shown that Spongebob can cause children to become stupid.

I let my child watch TV, only ones that are edicational.

What do you think about letting your child(ren) watch Spongebob?

Replies

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    January 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    I wasn't allowed to watch bevis and butthead or Ren and stimpy but then again I wasn't allowed to watch Ellen cause my dad thought it would make me gay... Lol
    It ironic I turned out bi. Lol

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting AleaKat:

You've got to be kidding!

We grew up in a world of Ren and stimpy, rockos modern life and bevis and butthead....

Spongebob is not gonna make your kid dumb. So sick if parents blaming media for their kids shortcomings.

My kids watch sponge on all the time and are both a grade level ahead if their age.

we weren't allowed to watch those shows....well we were allowed rockos modern life. 

• supermomz25
    January 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM

my kids love spongebob and I have no problem letting them watch it.

• cklamour
    January 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    My son watches it and he's bright one. Just ask yourself this, did every cartoon you watch have some educational purpose? If you look at the cartoons you watched as a child, some things they did/say are quite questionable.
  • StrawberryCool
    January 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

we don't watch ellen because i don't like her

Quoting AleaKat:

I wasn't allowed to watch bevis and butthead or Ren and stimpy but then again I wasn't allowed to watch Ellen cause my dad thought it would make me gay... Lol
    It ironic I turned out bi. Lol

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting AleaKat:

You've got to be kidding!

We grew up in a world of Ren and stimpy, rockos modern life and bevis and butthead....

Spongebob is not gonna make your kid dumb. So sick if parents blaming media for their kids shortcomings.

My kids watch sponge on all the time and are both a grade level ahead if their age.

we weren't allowed to watch those shows....well we were allowed rockos modern life. 

• deadlights86
    January 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM

My kids love spongebob and my 4 year old is very smart.

• thecoffeefairy
    January 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    My kids watched sponge bob. My 16 yr old is taking college level classes and 13 yr old is in advanced math and science. Sponge bob is just a fun show. Moderation is key. A little fun a little educational programming and a LOT of interaction between kids and family.
  • busymomof2518
    January 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM

My 3 year old is VERY smart. He's above average and loves to learn.

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

My kids watched sponge bob. My 16 yr old is taking college level classes and 13 yr old is in advanced math and science. Sponge bob is just a fun show. Moderation is key. A little fun a little educational programming and a LOT of interaction between kids and family.

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    It's your child. It should be up to you what she views on TV. Everyone has different opinions. It is what you think thst counts.
  • thecoffeefairy
    January 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    That's where you get to pat yourself on the back! Kids learn best when they get interaction with family. I watched TV with my kids when they were young. We would talk about what was going on and laugh. This tradition carried on and they still talk to me about what's going on in their lives.

Quoting busymomof2518:

My 3 year old is VERY smart. He's above average and loves to learn.

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

• auntangelofsix
    January 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    Our 10 yr old love spongebob but are 1 yr old does not pay much attention the tv at his age.