Rosie321
77 Days for the Murder of a 16 mth old
January 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Please help us get justice for 16 month old baby Alissa Guernsey. She was beaten by her caregiver who was only indicted on Neglect Class B. A charge for a victim still living. Major Corruption and Conflict of Interest involved.

1) Become ...familiar with her story on Facebook BabyAlissaCries4Justice.org
2) Get MAD (and sad)!!!!!!!!!
3) Take Action and Get back!! Let's put her murderer where she belongs. Sign the below petition and share her story. She died without a voice, too young to talk. This case needs to be re-opened and the proper charges served.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/toddler-tortured-and-murdered-sentence-10-years-time-served-77-days-neglect-federal-offense/rjGKM6BY?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Replies

• Basherte
    January 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Unless there is new evidence that wasn't presented in the original trial, I don't think you can get it reopened. 

• USCGAMECOCK92
    January 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    Quoting StrawberryCool:

I remember reading about this.

Im crying!

And let me tell you this, but anyone who did that to my baby, wouldnt serve time. I would be serving time for murdering the person who did.

Amen to this comment!! It would be the same thing with me, the person or persons that hurt my child would pray for the cops to arrest them first because what I would do to them would be much worse than anything the judicial system could throw at them. I would be in prison for murder myself because I would hunt them down and kill them myself.
  • StrawberryCool
    January 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    Well me, id probably not have time to do anything.

Between her six uncles, her daddy, and her meme.

Id be safe lol.

But yeah theyd be begging to be taken in.

Quoting USCGAMECOCK92:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Im crying!

And let me tell you this, but anyone who did that to my baby, wouldnt serve time. I would be serving time for murdering the person who did.

Amen to this comment!! It would be the same thing with me, the person or persons that hurt my child would pray for the cops to arrest them first because what I would do to them would be much worse than anything the judicial system could throw at them. I would be in prison for murder myself because I would hunt them down and kill them myself.

• Rosie321
    January 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Hello everyone and thank you so very very much for your support and interest for baby Alissa.

For those asking, No- double jeopardy does not apply because she was never charged with murder to begin with.

She only served 77 days because Judge Vanderbeck told her to appeal and he will reconsider. He sent her home from prison after 77 days. Judge Vanderbeck, Jeff Wible (the prosecutor) and Christy Sprunger Shaffers father, Kerry Sprunger, all served on the same board at one time- MAJOR CONFLICT OF INTEREST! Especially with evidence that Judge Vanderbeck even publicly stated going to a baseball game with a member of the Sprunger family. Kerry Sprunger is Vice President of one of the largest banks in Indiana. Fishy?!!!

Alissa was placed in Christy's care when Alissa's father passed away tragically and her mother turned to drugs. DCS placed Alissa and her siblings in Christy's care. Christy already had 4 children of her own and 15 pets. There is a whole lot of evidence that can still be used against her. Please read her full story and continue sharing her petition. Follow babyalissacries4justice.org on FB for all the info.

Only 7days left to reach 12k signatures. Thanks ladies

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/toddler-tortured-and-murdered-sentence-10-years-time-served-77-days-neglect-federal-offense/rjGKM6BY?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

• GiggleBellies
    January 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Im crying!

• lancet98
    January 7, 2013 at 6:12 PM

You are saying that the prosecution had evidence that they did not use?

Which evidence is that?

Quoting Rosie321:

Hello everyone and thank you so very very much for your support and interest for baby Alissa.

For those asking, No- double jeopardy does not apply because she was never charged with murder to begin with.

She only served 77 days because Judge Vanderbeck told her to appeal and he will reconsider. He sent her home from prison after 77 days. Judge Vanderbeck, Jeff Wible (the prosecutor) and Christy Sprunger Shaffers father, Kerry Sprunger, all served on the same board at one time- MAJOR CONFLICT OF INTEREST! Especially with evidence that Judge Vanderbeck even publicly stated going to a baseball game with a member of the Sprunger family. Kerry Sprunger is Vice President of one of the largest banks in Indiana. Fishy?!!!

Alissa was placed in Christy's care when Alissa's father passed away tragically and her mother turned to drugs. DCS placed Alissa and her siblings in Christy's care. Christy already had 4 children of her own and 15 pets. There is a whole lot of evidence that can still be used against her. Please read her full story and continue sharing her petition. Follow babyalissacries4justice.org on FB for all the info.

Only 7days left to reach 12k signatures. Thanks ladies

• Rosie321
    January 8, 2013 at 3:54 PM

The reason we are trying to get this case forced open is because the prosecutor convened his first grand jury ever in his 10yr career on a count of it being contraversial. Yet, most of the people in LaGrange did not even know/hear about the story- Lie # 1.

Secondly, the prosecutor obviously knew what he was doing by convening this grand jury because even now that it has already taken place it is considered top secret. The prosecutor did say that he will need new evidence to re-open the case. How are we to know what evidence was brought against her to begin with if the case is top secret.

The prosecutor said he did not have enough evidence to charge Christy with murder, yet he leads the grand jury into indicting Christy on a Neglect Class B charge- the charge in which the victim is still living. Why couldn't he have her indicted with a Neglect Class A Charge- in which the "neglected" died?

Not only does Alissa's autopsy state blunt force trauma, but her hair was being ripped out of her head, there were gashes to the mouth, broken bones in the midst of healing, a fractured skull, broken arm, bruises from head to toe- this is child abuse! Why wasn't this a charge?

There is a lot left unsaid in this case. A Lot! Even the jury was surprised that murder was not an option. One of the jurors came out and said that the prosecutor promised her that Christy will at least serve 10 yrs if she would go along with the indictment. Of course that statement was recused.

We are doing all we can. Can I ask you all to please share this on any website you can. We are down to 6 days and still need 11k more signatures.

Thank you

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN