Featured Posts
SKLAVEN
HELP!!
by SKLAVEN
January 4, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Ok, I'm trying to go back to school this semester my youngest daughter, Debra, is a little over two weeks old, my oldest, Natalie, is two and a half will be three in april.  I need to know if there is a scholarship or grant out there for moms to return to school.  The only thing I can find is scholarships and grants to go to school online, and most of them are for the university of Pheonix.  I live in Montana and I'm not sure where I am supposed to go to find these scholarships and grants, if anyone has an idea the input would be very helpful.

Sarah, Mommy of two

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Are there any colleges near you where you can ask?

• SKLAVEN
    by SKLAVEN
    January 4, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I actually live in student family housing at the college here i went in the summer semester but couldnt finish cause my pregnancy was so hard,  I'm going down to talk to them when they open this morning, hoping they can help me out, I've searched their site, but to no avail there is nothing on their site about scholarships or grants.

• goddess99
    January 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM

BUMP

I hope you get some help this morning =)

• splatz
    by splatz
    January 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    I would avoid those all online schools. Typically you will pay much more going there. And a lot of times you can end up with a "degree" you can't use because they are not accredited.

Contact your local community college. Most offer classes online. They can also help you with financial aid. Usually the first place to start is by filling out FAFSA.
  • OliviasMommy611
    January 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    Good luck
  • SKLAVEN
    by SKLAVEN
    January 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for all your input, unfortunatly they dont have such a scholarship at this school.  The only one they could find was the all online courses from some random online school.  I filled out my fafsa and hope that will be enough.

• ladyndashoe
    January 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM

You can apply for a pell grant at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.

• splatz
    by splatz
    January 4, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    Honestly if you go to a community college a pell grant should cover a good amount or all of your school costs.

Quoting SKLAVEN:

Thanks for all your input, unfortunatly they dont have such a scholarship at this school.  The only one they could find was the all online courses from some random online school.  I filled out my fafsa and hope that will be enough.

• GUTTADABOSSLADI
    January 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM

FinAid will be enough and they will also offer you a student loan as well. You can either take the student loan or leave it and still get pell grant. I go to Ashford Online for my bachelor's and they actually are accredited online schools out there you just have to search and ask. Good Luck!

• SlapItHigh
    January 6, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I don't know, bump.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts