Hayleysmom88
Surgery, yay or nay?
January 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I was pretty thin before I got pregnant with my daughter. Durin my pregnancy I gained 55 pounds and I've only lost 35 of it. I'm not really comfortable with how I look. I am a sahm and I don't go to the gym like I used to. I want to spend as much time as possible with my dd. That being said I do also want to look and feel good again.

I was thinking about scheduling a consultation for a tummy tuck, breast lift and stretch mark lazer treatment. DH said he thinks I look fine but if it'll make me happy then I can go through with it.
We go to a beach house every summer for at least a couple of weeks so if I do go through with it, it has to be soon. I am not sure though if I really want to have surgery though and not be able to play with dd for a couple weeks. Also we plan to have at least one more child in the next few years so I feel like that would ruin the whole procedure.

Anyone have something similar done? Should I do it, was it worth it?

Replies

• goddess99
    January 2, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I would never but it's your body, your decision.

• jbirdsladie27
    January 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    This to a T

Quoting goddess99:

• edelweiss23
    January 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    This.

Quoting goddess99:

• Hayleysmom88
    January 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    Quoting edelweiss23:

Why would you never? The risk? I really am kinda afraid to go through with it, I've never had a big surgery before.
  • edelweiss23
    January 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    The risk, I get super sick when ever I have anesthesia.
    After hearing that they take off your nipple for a breast reduction, and you lose sensitivity because if it, I am scared to death!!

The only one I might get would be a tummy tuck. But that is only after I am positive I am done having kids!!!

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting edelweiss23:

Why would you never? The risk? I really am kinda afraid to go through with it, I've never had a big surgery before.

• Hayleysmom88
    January 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    Quoting edelweiss23:

Yeah and I honestly think tummy tucks kinda look weird even if a really good doctor performs the procedure.

• edelweiss23
    January 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    Exactly.
    I will keep up the workouts and healthy eating!!!

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting edelweiss23:

Yeah and I honestly think tummy tucks kinda look weird even if a really good doctor performs the procedure.

• sweetmissy_05
    January 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I would never but if that's what you want then go for it.

• ljpaszek
    January 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I think it would be more advisable to hit the gym for an hour a day being away from your daughter only an hour, rather than not even be able to pick up your daughter for weeks because you had a surgery to fix things that could have been improved naturally. Especially if you plan to have more kids. Go to the gym, eat healthy, buy a good bra, get a spray tan to help conceal the stretch marks. Also maybe your next pregnancy you should strive to only gain the recommended amount of weight...

• marchantmom06
    January 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    Why wouldn't you just run to the gym for an hour- two each day instead of being out of commission for 5-8 weeks. 20 lbs is not enough to get a tummy tuck over expecially if you were thin to begin with. Post a before and after picture and let's us really tell you if you need one or not.