Featured Posts
Hayleysmom88
Surgery, yay or nay?
January 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I was pretty thin before I got pregnant with my daughter. Durin my pregnancy I gained 55 pounds and I've only lost 35 of it. I'm not really comfortable with how I look. I am a sahm and I don't go to the gym like I used to. I want to spend as much time as possible with my dd. That being said I do also want to look and feel good again.

I was thinking about scheduling a consultation for a tummy tuck, breast lift and stretch mark lazer treatment. DH said he thinks I look fine but if it'll make me happy then I can go through with it.
We go to a beach house every summer for at least a couple of weeks so if I do go through with it, it has to be soon. I am not sure though if I really want to have surgery though and not be able to play with dd for a couple weeks. Also we plan to have at least one more child in the next few years so I feel like that would ruin the whole procedure.

Anyone have something similar done? Should I do it, was it worth it?

Replies

• Hayleysmom88
    January 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    Quoting grneyedormom:

Thanks. The more I think about it the more I think I just need to work on my own self image and continue a healthy lifestyle.

What really makes it worse is that a lot of my friends don't have kids yet and I don't ever want to go anywhere with them especially to the beach because I feel so insecure
  • ambermario4ever
    January 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

First off you should wait till you are done having children. Then once you start trying to loose weight do it with exercise and better eating first. Try that for at least a year. Then after that if you are still not happy then do the surgery. 

I am trying to loose weight now. I have lost 29.5 pounds so far with 35.5 more to go. I have done this in nine weeks. I cut out all soda and sweets. I only drink water. I cut my portions at meals and you myfitnesspal to count calories eaten and burned everyday. I don't go to a gym. I exersise at home on my exersise bike and doing some ab workouts. I started at the end of Oct. if by this Oct. I still have a area that I am not happy with I will be getting laser lipo. But I am giving my self a year of working hard on my own first before I do that. Here are my before and now pics.

Wow! You look so different! Congrats!! Thanks!

Thanks!

• Hayleysmom88
    January 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    Quoting Megan11587:

How old are you?  24 I'm guessing?  You're too young for that.  Go to a gym with childcare, or do some workout videos at home.

Lol. Good guess.
  • Megan11587
    January 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM

88 gave it away :)

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting Megan11587:

How old are you?  24 I'm guessing?  You're too young for that.  Go to a gym with childcare, or do some workout videos at home.

Lol. Good guess.

• MusherMaggie
    January 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    Surgery is not without risks. And I would wait until you have your last child before I had all that done. In the mean time, have your thyroid function checked. Low thyroid makes it hard to lose weight.
  • saltlifemama
    January 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I would have to say for me no I wouldn't. I would start hitting the gym or working out at home. There are so many easy work outs online, easy to fin via sites like pinterest. 

However its your body and you need to do what makes you feel comfortable.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I personally would never do any of that but thats just me.

• MrsRi
    by MrsRi
    January 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Honestly, if you're comfortable with it, then GO!  I considered getting a breast reduction, but I want to wait until after I finish losing weight and see how I feel then.  I might just get them lifted or something if needed.  So far.. Not needed... LOL... BUT who knows?  Good luck!

• KateSmith88
    January 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

You will waste your money if you plan on having more kids. I had a boob job after I was sure I was done having kids. It's been a year since I had it done, still love them! : )

I wanted a tummy tuck also, but the dr said I didn't need it. : ( 

there are lots of workouts you can do right at home while your DD plays. Google at home workouts or mommy workouts. YouTube workout videos.do them while your daughter naps or after she goes to bed, but if you are able to do any workout before she gets up in the morning it's better for you body. Working out in the morning will make you burn calories all day! Try going on a walk or jog everyday with your DD in a stroller.

Also, don't try to get a good deal on something like surgery... Remember, you get what you pay for! 

• OliviasMommy611
    January 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    I would! I'm getting a breast augmentation.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts