Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
It's Coffee Break Time! Hot Topic: Can Justice Be Served In a Small Town?
January 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break! 

The disturbing case of teenage boys in Steubenville, Ohio who have been accused
of raping a 16 year old girl last August is being played out on the national stage.
Accusations of a cover up are rampant because the boys are high school
football players. Football players, in a part of Ohio where football is King.

You can click here for more details. 

1. Have you been following the news coverage of the Steubenville case?

2. Do you think the accusations of a cover up are valid?

3. Do you think justice can be served in Steubenville or should there be a change of venue?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

Replies

• vinalex0581
    January 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM

i just tried your link and i got this message:

An error has occurred

There was an error while accessing /content/stories/2013/01/08/steubenville%20-%20schools-lockdown-possible-threat.html.

Error Details

The following information has been recorded to help us resolve this error in a timely manner.

Brief Error Description: org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Error reading resource from path "/stories/2013/01/08/steubenville - schools-lockdown-possible-threat.html".

Quoting ladyluke2007:

OK, here is a news lead from Columbus Channel 10 news.

www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/01/08/steubenville - schools-lockdown-possible-threat.html

Seems like a mother was told by her child that there was threats saying that the hacktavist group was going to kill someone.  Really?   Please!  Get a life.

• Cafe MichelleP
    January 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I'll take a regular old coffee please : )

• Cafe MichelleP
    January 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Here you go.

Quoting JLah:

I will take a Iced coffee.

I belive this is  a huge cover up. The boys will get away with it.

• Cafe MichelleP
    January 8, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Quoting ladyluke2007:

Just a big cup of Columbian with cream please...

FOR ANYONE TO JOKE ABOUT RAPE NEEDS SERIOUS HELP!  Shame on them for allowing the people of Steubenville to think that the football team members could get away with anything.  That is sick.  The two boys were carrying an unconscience person (and I say person because you can't tell if it is a boy or a girl in the video lead) or man handleing a person.  I think cover up happens more than we know that it has.  I think that it is wrong and I think that is where a lot of innocent people are getting hurt.

• Cafe MichelleP
    January 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Quoting MamaK88:

Just put whiskey in my coffee cup...

1. Have you been following the news coverage of the Steubenville case?

yes, and it's disgusting the Rape Culture/Jock Culture we have in this country. 

2. Do you think the accusations of a cover up are valid?

100%  The boys were football players.  And we all know trophies are more important than silly little things like education and respect for women and girls.  The worst part of this whole story is the poor girl being berated for "ruining those nice boys' good names". 

3. Do you think justice can be served in Steubenville or should there be a change of venue?

Justice will never, can never be served in a community that puts football (or any other sport) above human dignity.  Why the fuck do we have to teach our daughters "Don't get raped!" as opposed to teaching your sons "Hey, just because you're good at sports doesn't mean you can do what you want, when you want, TO WHOM you want."  Athletes don't shit gold. 

• Cafe MichelleP
    January 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Oh green tea frap..yummy

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

May I please have a green tea frap?!

I haven been following this at all, I have been wrapped up in the brutal gang rape over in the Middle East. After following that story nothing and I mean nothing shocks me anymore.

• MandaRose83
    January 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

But thats not something that is made front and center you know? Like anytime you hear about Steubenville its not how good of a school it is, its how good of a football team they have. This will tarnish both the town and the school system unfortunately. A school and a town that sweeps a rape under the rug for athletics will not be looked at as a superior school district. I guess that was what I was trying to say I just didn't say it right. And its not the high school thats ranked number one. Its Wells Academy which is K-3rd or 4th? I can't remember but its elementary. 

Quoting kmrtigger:

Quoting MandaRose83:

We live not too far from Steubenville. It doesn't surprise me. The town actually already had a certain reputation (it wasn't the best lets put it). The only thing it did have going for it was the football team but now thats been tarnished the town has nothing. 

Not true. We still have the Number one school and number two school in the state of Ohio when it comes to Education.

but I do understand what you are saying and to a certain part I do agree. But not completely.

• HollyBoBolly
    January 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I hope that everyone who was involved is severely punished.  Including that little sociopath that made a 12 min. video making fun of rape and the girl being dead.  This whole situation is so disturbing. Thank you anonymous!

• kmrtigger
    January 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Yes, Wells Academy and also West. Elem. Although they don't say too much about the other school. Wells is inside the high school. And most the grant money that the acamdemy got went to the high school to remodel areas, new computers, ipads, etc. They also teach the Enrichment class at the high school, in which it's also getting a grant to purchase a new sewing machine for them to put on plays, etc.(all new happenings this year) Which is a load of bull. That money for that grant will be used for the high school drama class, as will the sewing machine.

I had two of my boys attend Wells. I pulled them from that school for other reasons. But this whole school district is shady. Tons of issues swept under the rugs.

And yes this whole town is about the football team. Any money raised by other sports team goes into the schools athletes funds and the other teams never see a dime of it. All of it is used for the football team. Believe me this rape case is about to bring a ton of hidden issues to the light in this town.

I am just sick of other people trying to push this court case quicker than it needs to be by threatening bombs or shootings on the children, if the other boys aren't arrested. Let the court system do their job.

They brought in a new judge from out of the area, and lawyers, etc. The investigation takes time.

Quoting MandaRose83:

But thats not something that is made front and center you know? Like anytime you hear about Steubenville its not how good of a school it is, its how good of a football team they have. This will tarnish both the town and the school system unfortunately. A school and a town that sweeps a rape under the rug for athletics will not be looked at as a superior school district. I guess that was what I was trying to say I just didn't say it right. And its not the high school thats ranked number one. Its Wells Academy which is K-3rd or 4th? I can't remember but its elementary. 

Quoting kmrtigger:

Quoting MandaRose83:

We live not too far from Steubenville. It doesn't surprise me. The town actually already had a certain reputation (it wasn't the best lets put it). The only thing it did have going for it was the football team but now thats been tarnished the town has nothing. 

Not true. We still have the Number one school and number two school in the state of Ohio when it comes to Education.

but I do understand what you are saying and to a certain part I do agree. But not completely.

• anonomyssy
    January 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Steubenville has a huge history of sever corruption, so no, I dont' think justice can be served there...and the young lady was bought across state lines, so it should be handed to the feds. 

It is obvious, from what I read that there are numerous conflicts of interest and the locals should step away from the case...it is also NOT the first time the 'rape crew' has been on the loose...time for heads to roll.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN