Featured Posts
momma2be20947
Spoon or no spoon?
December 31, 2012 at 6:02 PM
When is the rght time to start teaching your baby how to use a spoon?

Replies

• maggiemaymoomoo
    December 31, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I started giving mine a spoon when they started showing an interest in feeding themselves, like picking up cheerios and getting them in their mouths.  They mostly just used it as a drumstick, banging it on the high chair tray, but eventually they started trying to get food on the spoon, then the spoon in their mouth.  I honestly don't remember exact ages that they were, although I do remember that none of them were the same age when they did it.  My sons were happy to let me feed them for much longer than my daughter.  She was trying to hold her bottle by the time she was 4 mos. old, and was very independent through all the developmental stages.

• momma2be20947
    December 31, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    Well he grabs at the sppon now. Also he is very good at picking food up with his fingers and feeding himself that way so i guess i can give it a shot. Thanks(:
  • MusherMaggie
    January 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    It's one of those things they learn by themselves when ready. Mine pretty much finger fed from the time they started solids until just after their third birthdays, when I started them with small forks. Spoons are actually harder to get food on. Of course, they were supervised, and the forks seren't too Sharp, just enough to pick up soft pieces of food.
  • katfeemom
    January 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Ok my mind is else where right now.  I was going to reply spooning is okay, but most people like to fork.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM

We started giving her one around a year.

• goddess99
    January 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I think I gave my dd a spoon when she was 1 so she could try it.

• MistressMinerva
    January 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

1 yr old

• mommyto3bees
    January 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM

when they start showing interest in feeding themselves

• OliviasMommy611
    January 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM
    Around 1 I think
  • DixieFlower
    January 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I started giving mine a spoon when they were wanting to feed themselves. For both of my sons that was around 1 yr old. By the time they were 2 they were able to use a spoon and fork unassisted.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts