Featured Posts
charnrich26
can i press charges for this?
December 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM

my sister is an extreme crack head and very mentally ill. she has been in and out of jail and hospitals and refuses help. she has given up her daughter whom my father now has custody of. she threatens all the time to kill my mother because my mom(whom is her payee) wont give her money because she is known to spend all money and sell things for drug money. she has stolen a flat screen tv from my mom, my brothers game systems and now the question.. she was arrested the other day for shop lifting. i saw the papers this morning and saw the reason she was arrested was because she claimed to be me. the police papers have my name on it saying that my sister use false statements claiming she was me. now can i press charges for this? we are trying everything we can to keep her locked up for her safety and if this can do it I'm willing to press the charges? I'm sure there will be comments such as how can you do that to family. well she is a extreme crack head and is danger to herself and others.

Replies

• MistressMinerva
    December 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Me personally would press charges. I don't care if your family or not you just don't do that. I would check into and see if you can. I don't see why you couldn't.

• poshkat
    by poshkat
    December 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM

no clue! bump

• Refurbished
    December 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I would call the police department, tell them what you've told us and ask if you need to press charges.  You may not need to.  Giving a false name is a crime, whether you press charges or not. 

I'm sorry you are going through this.  I'm sure there will be people bashing you for wanting to, but you have very good reasons for doing what you are doing and I would do the same if I were in your shoes.

• kellysparkles
    December 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Took the words right out of my mouth!  I completely agree with Refurbished.  Good luck!

Quoting Refurbished:

I would call the police department, tell them what you've told us and ask if you need to press charges.  You may not need to.  Giving a false name is a crime, whether you press charges or not. 

I'm sorry you are going through this.  I'm sure there will be people bashing you for wanting to, but you have very good reasons for doing what you are doing and I would do the same if I were in your shoes.

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    December 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM
    i would..i would naile her ass to the wall..she need to get help..if she will do that what else would she do..
  • KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    December 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    just thank if u go to get job or car or get pulled over that will show up..no that bull shit ..wen she got out i would kick her ass..
  • OliviasMommy611
    December 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    No clue
  • splatz
    by splatz
    December 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I'm definitely on the who gives a damn if she is family boat lol. 

I agree that you should call your local police department or whatever police department she was arrested at & see if there is anything you can do on your end to keep her in there longer.

• rebeccasmly
    December 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM
    I believe you can but they may have already charged her for it. When my sister did the same thing with the same problem, they automatically charged her for using a false name. Call the police department and ask to speak to the officer in charge of the case.
  • charnrich26
    December 31, 2012 at 7:44 AM

yah thats why she was arrested was for false impersonation 

Quoting rebeccasmly:

I believe you can but they may have already charged her for it. When my sister did the same thing with the same problem, they automatically charged her for using a false name. Call the police department and ask to speak to the officer in charge of the case.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts