Featured Posts
mariem75
WOW! I Such negative responses to Drug untervention and Eduacation!
December 26, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I came here to "CafeMom", because I thought it would be a good place to get out the word about OTC medications that are addictive and dangerous. Instead some of you got some way way off ideas that I had something against the stores or pharmacies. It even went as far as some ladies telling me that I need to do something constructive with my life! lol. I am sorry but since my son's death last year from an overdose of OTC medications, I can not see a more constructive way to help other kids and parents then eduacating them on this growing epidemic and yes also by trying to slow down the abuse by getting the State to restrict the sale of medications that have Dextromethorphan in it. I am not naive enough to think that even all of that will stop this kind of abuse but it will make people aware of how dangerous this medication can be. I also think that it will slow down this epidemic. And as far as the notion that they will just move onto something else uh of course they will and when that happens I pray to God that the Mother of that child has the same set of morals and strong will as I have. I hope I gave the correct impression this time, because I have no complaints or vendetta's  with any store or there employee's! So please if you are going to pose an opposite opinion please stay on topic this is about getting out OTC drug abuse awareness and more stringent buying restrictions! The topic is not my son! I will not take kindly to anyone judging my dead son.

Replies

• MichelleSw
    December 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM
    :( sorry for your loss
  • EmmaZate
    December 26, 2012 at 12:23 AM
    Wow. Some people on this site are insane! I'm so sorry this happened to you.
  • mariem75
    December 26, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Thank you! yes it is unfortunate that some people are still just plain scared to learn about new things that are out here that could harm our kids. Just because you are scared or naive does not mean it wont touch you or someone you know. I am really trying to help other Mothers as well as kids I am not trying to make anyone the bad guy or blame anyone about my son's death. I just want the story out there about these medications so that people can be aware of what is out there.

• RyansMommie07
    December 26, 2012 at 4:33 AM

hugs momma... some people will only see what they want to see. I'm sorry about your son :(

• mariem75
    December 26, 2012 at 4:35 AM

BUMP!

• LivinDeadGurl
    December 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Some women on this site are just miserable and have nothing better to do with their time than cut down others. Please don't let them get to you hon. Not all of us are like that!

• mariem75
    December 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

BUMP!

• mariem75
    December 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I am starting to realize that! LOL I think sometimes it's about a highschool mentality I am the new girl so the woman with senoirity just can not help but attack the fresh meat. lol But I am ok I have tough skin and they are not mean enough to scare me off. Plus I am a woman with something to say and even those woman that may not think I have the right intentions at least they listened for a minute and now whether they know it or not they are now aware ofr this lethal epidemic so even if they are so negative I still got my point across. Thank You! Girls for all of your support its great to see that there are woman out there that do not have to be "mean girls" to feel good about themselves!group hug

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM

If you think this group is bad then you should probably avoid confessions, lol.  Women in there are totally psycho.

• OliviasMommy611
    December 27, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    Yes!

Quoting splatz:

If you think this group is bad then you should probably avoid confessions, lol.  Women in there are totally psycho.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts