Featured Posts
HaileysMom07180
DD has surgery the day after christmas but ... UPDATED 12/26!
December 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM

she has a really nasty caugh.  It sounds like crupe to me.  I called the doctors office to see if they could see her before her surgery so i know it will be safe with her current caught (her nose is stuffy too), and they refuse to see her, they are claiming they don't do that.  I would consider rescheduling it but we are moving to oklahoma in february and their next available appointment for it is in mid january, but i wanna allow time for healing before we go.  Its just the strabismus eye surgery btw.  I'm calling the eye doctors today to see what time we go in anyway, I'll probably ask them what they think.

Surgery today went well.  They were reconsidering it because of her sniffles at first but they proceeded when they found her lungs were clear, the did intibate her once they got her to sleep because she was snoring, but other than that they said she was their smoothest surgery of the day so far.  Now she's asleep on the couch, I'm sure she will be asleep for the rest of the night off and on.  She still can't eat since she's throwing up water still, but thanks for everyones prayers and good wishes, she did great!

Replies

• goddess99
    December 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I would definitely ask, I didn't think you could be sick during a scheduled surgery. Good luck with everything!!

• tooptimistic
    December 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM

They won't do her surgery if she is sick.  :) 

The anesthesiologist will nix it. 

• HaileysMom07180
    December 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM

so i talked to the doctor, she said give her caugh medicine through the weekend and we will see when we get there on Wednesday.  

• tomatoqueen
    December 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Would you really want someone doing any type of surgery on your eye if you had a deep, croop type cough? The wait and see approach makes sense; surgery on a sick child does not.

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    She might be better by then. If not they won't do the surgery.
  • MichelleMc
    December 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Hope she is feeling better. 

• zacmacsmomm
    December 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM

It depends.  If she is running a fever, they might not do it.  It depends on anesthesiologist, some will.  Usually in that case they will intubate the child, but a breathing tube in essentially.  My son was under anesthesia every 2-6 weeks for years.  He was always sick before his appointments, BUT, we had to get on a plane and fly to those appointments, so there was NO re-schedueling.  If they have to re-scheduel, hopefully they can get it done quick.  Croupe is basically an inflammed voice box.  They could also put IV antibiotics in the IV fluids if they feel it's nessesary.  Best of luck

• MichelleMc
    December 26, 2012 at 7:53 AM

How is she feeling? Are they planning on going ahead?

• HaileysMom07180
    December 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM

her cough is now dry and pretty much forced, so since they said she has improved so quickly so fast, he doesn't mind continuing witht he procedure, but he said to call if she gets another cold. we go in in about an hour and a half

Quoting MichelleMc:

How is she feeling? Are they planning on going ahead?

• auntangelofsix
    December 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    Good luck with surgy mama n kido
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN