Featured Posts
MomToLex710
What's the weidest or wackiest holiday gift you've ever received?
December 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM

So I absolutely believe that it's the thought that counts ...but I have to admit, some gift choices totally give me pause. One year, my mother in law got me cooking lessons. The message was loud and clear -- she hated my cooking. My best friend once got a case of baby wipes from a boyfriend -- and she doesn't even have kids! He thought they would be handy for wiping up messes.  Anyone else ever get a gift that made them think --what the heck?

Replies

• goddess99
    December 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Hmm I'll be nice about the boyfriend. Um I thankfully can't think of anything stupid anyone has tried to give me lol.

• MistressMinerva
    December 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I can't think of anything.

• shadow_lark
    December 20, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    I got a mouse pad. We don't own a desk top computer.

And I got some clothes from dh's aunt. They were nice....but also an XL. I wear a small or medium in women's....
  • saltycoqui
    December 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    A plain umbrella. From an aunt. She got it at a department store when she had to purchase certain thing and got a free gift with that. So she gave me the free gift. There was no thought behind it.
  • snuggiewoogie
    December 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    Yeah one of those Chi Pets! LOL....
  • Knightquester
    December 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Weirdest Gift:

A Winnie the Pooh coloring book - First Christmas present from my mother in-law (she has a history of giving weird gifts).

Wackiest Gift:

A Super Dooper Reindeer Poooper - Christmas present three years back from my husbands work to his family.... it's a reindeer that poops out brown jelly beans.

• jltplk25
    December 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    My husband's aunt is bad about giving tacky, weird, or wacky gifts.
  • OliviasMommy611
    December 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    My mil gave me Campbell's soup.
  • Bethy16
    by Bethy16
    December 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    When I was a dog groomer I got a TPN of weird gifts from clients. I got used lipstick from one and the weirdest was I got underware from another client. She was so proud of her gift too. Who buys their dog groomer undies????
  • splatz
    by splatz
    December 20, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Hmmm... I can't think of any good ones right now.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts