Featured Posts
babylove041810
Can you....???
December 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Substitute whipped cream for heavy cream.

I have a recipe that calls for heavy cream. I don't have any. I do however have a tub of cool whip. Can i use that instead. If not what is heavy cream and where do I find it? I've never used it before...

Replies

• shadow_lark
    December 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM
    No. You find heavy cream in the dairy section. Its just super thick cream...a bit thicker than milk and full of fat, but no extra ingredients like sugar or vanilla. If you want to go a touch lighter you can use regular cream instead.
  • MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    December 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM
    No whipped cream and heavy cream are two completely different things. Heavy cream can be found in the milk/dairy aisle.
  • babylove041810
    December 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM
    Ok. Thank you. :) I didn't want to just try the whipped cream without knowing. Any brand you would recommend?

Quoting shadow_lark:

No. You find heavy cream in the dairy section. Its just super thick cream...a bit thicker than milk and full of fat, but no extra ingredients like sugar or vanilla. If you want to go a touch lighter you can use regular cream instead.
  • babylove041810
    December 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM
    :( guess I'll have to make a trip out tomorrow. Any brand you would recommend??

Quoting MsRkg:

No whipped cream and heavy cream are two completely different things. Heavy cream can be found in the milk/dairy aisle.
  • shadow_lark
    December 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM
    No, I usually use the store brand because its a bit pricey. For an 8 oz container you pay about the same as you would for a gallon of milk.

Quoting babylove041810:

Ok. Thank you. :) I didn't want to just try the whipped cream without knowing. Any brand you would recommend?

Quoting shadow_lark:

• MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    December 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM
    No brand is really better. It's essentially milk. I shop organic and I prefer milk in glass bottles and I go with rooneybrook farms for all my milk needs which is local to my area in NYC.
  • babylove041810
    December 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM
    That is pricey. I don't need much though so a small thing should be enough. Thank you!

Quoting shadow_lark:

No, I usually use the store brand because its a bit pricey. For an 8 oz container you pay about the same as you would for a gallon of milk.

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting shadow_lark:

• shadow_lark
    December 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM
    Yup. :) what are you making?

Quoting babylove041810:

That is pricey. I don't need much though so a small thing should be enough. Thank you!

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting shadow_lark:

• babylove041810
    December 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM
    I will be attempting to make cream of broccoli soup. It will be my first time making something like that :)

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting shadow_lark:

• shadow_lark
    December 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM
    I have never tried it. Good luck!

Quoting babylove041810:

I will be attempting to make cream of broccoli soup. It will be my first time making something like that :)

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts