JenniferMiller0
6 month Post Pregnancy OBGYN visit
December 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

So, apparently, I have a visit at tmy OBGYN on Monday. I had completely forgotten about it. My question is this: Do I have to go? I think all the are going to do is do a pap smear, weight, etc, and I had all that done at my local health dept when I went to get my bc.

They weighed me, took some blood, did a pap smear, all that good stuff.

Replies

• goddess99
    December 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Idk, by 6 months I had many problems so I couldn't miss an appointment.

• PerfectVirgo
    December 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    I don't think I had a 6 month after the first 2.
  • tiffs2009
    December 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    I've never had a 6 month.. Only 6 week and then a year later
  • jltplk25
    December 14, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I've never had a 6 month checkup before.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    December 14, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I've never had a 6 month PP visit.

• fullxbusymom
    December 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Only ever had a 6wk not a 6 mo never hears of such a thing.

• OliviasMommy611
    December 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    I never had 6 month pp nor heard of it.
  • ambermario4ever
    December 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I think they will also check to make sure your uterus has gone back down to the right size.

• Strength4Karma
    December 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I've never had a 6month checkup either, but I would say go. You may not have to take the pap smear if you haven't been sexually active since your health department visit, but Its always important to go for any kind of blood test at a OBGYN visit because it's always for something different. I've had 3 different SETS of blood work done during my pregnancy, one during my 6 month. It was actually for gestational diabetes, but my results came back that my iron was extremely low, that im anemic and need to get iron supplements to take twice a day for the rest of my pregnancy. Besides, you have nothing to lose. You should go, just to be sure. And the weight, they ALWAYS track  your weight. Try not to miss appointment. Suppose they discover something wrong later on down the line, something that couldve been caught earlier had you not miss an appointment. Think about it. Its better to be safe than sorry

• eevers55
    December 15, 2012 at 8:16 AM

If you already had that stuff done, make a copy of it and bring it with you. That way you can talk about whatever and not have to do all the exam part again. I can't remember doing a 6 month, but I did go in once or twice after my daughter and it was mostly to make sure my body was going back to normal, no PPD, everything was ok kind of thing