Featured Posts
Pammi86
C Sections
by Pammi86
December 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Anyone in this group have multiple c sections and different doctors do them? My dd was delivered via c section in May 2011 and this baby who is due in June 2013 will not be delivered by the same dr but it will be a repeat c section. I am so nervous! Any advice please?

Replies

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    December 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    Sorry it was suppose to be June 2013! I have yet to find a new dr! What happened was I complained about one of his staff members bc she was so rude to me! Well he took her side and refuses to have me as a patient now! I've been crying all night bc I'm stressed to the max and sick! But I am praying ill find a great dr! My cousin said I shouldn't want to go to a dr who lets his staff treat his patients poorly anyway! But I'm 14 weeks and really stressing about a dr!
  • Janet
    by Janet
    December 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Your cousin is right! Ask around and get a good doctor that cares. It will be fine. You are just hurt right now. So sorry you had to go through that.

• auntangelofsix
    December 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM
    yes...Ds 1 was born by one dr in 2002 and dec 28th 2011 ds2 was born by a diffrent too n they were both c seation's 1st one i had to have n 2nd one i told just to do it the same so it was a repeat c seation too..I love both dr's when our son's were born.
  • sondamom0828
    December 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I have had 3 c-sections all done by different doctors.  What are your concerns?  Everything was good with all of them.

• MommyIn2008
    December 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    Nope mine will all be done by the same Dr. but what can you expect with a baby in 2008, a MC in 2010, a baby in 2011 and twins due in 2013. Didn't really give me much time to switch drs.
  • terri.a
    by terri.a
    December 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I had 2 by 2 different docs.  The only problem I had was with the staples used for closure after the 2nd. I didn't realize there was a difference (wasn't given a choice, either) and found staples to be much more painful. I had sharp, stabbing pains come on unexepectedly and had longer lasting numbness around the incision.  I'd suggest asking your doc about closure methods ahead of time.  I wish I would have thought to ask.

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Why do you want a cesarean?
    What makes you nervous?

• annelauer
    December 12, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Sorry you had a tough time with the first one, but my advice is to have the baby vaginally and skip the unnecessary interventions.  That is better for you and your baby!  

• MusherMaggie
    December 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    Both of mine were, by two different doctors, four years apart. I did much better the second time with an epidural than the first with general anesthesia. I also was stitched with dissolvable sutures rather than staples due to a metal allergy. I healed quickly both times. I was up sooner the second time. Ask for a suppository if you need it after the birth. Stool softener by mouth did not work for me. Get them to remove the urinary catheter ASAP so you don't get a UTI. I was able to nurse within 30 minutes of the second birth with no problems.
  • MusherMaggie
    December 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    Would. VBAC be possible for you?
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts