Featured Posts
hugsandkisse119
He plays with theirs so why not.
December 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM
My ds just turned three. He loves video games. He's always asking to play my iPod. ( it sounds so cute when he says it). He also loves playing his big brothers ds ( age 9). But ds doesn't let him play it that often. So I allow him to play my iPod that I downloaded toddler games on. Se are educational but his favorite is a race car game. I told my husband I want to get him his own ds 3d for christmas. Is he too young for his own game system

Replies

• tinkzaimonster
    December 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM

no

• VeggieRunnerMom
    December 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Personally I would get him an old gaming system. Maybe the orginal ds or even the game boy. Refurbished ones at Game Stop really aren't much.

BUT I am cheap lol!! Kids break stuff too often!

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    December 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    A 3 DS is a bit much I'd get the newer one with the bigger screen.
    My 5 yr old has a 3DS and he is still too you g to really appreciate the 3D feature.
  • auntangelofsix
    December 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    no
  • Janet
    by Janet
    December 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM

No, if he can play it he isn't too young.

• Bethy16
    by Bethy16
    December 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    Get him the leapster. The ds is too much for a 3yr old. My 3 yr old also plays the iPod iPad and the ds (my 8yr olds) but we passed down the leapster to her and she loves it!
  • VintageWife
    December 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I was always one of those moms that said NO WAY to getting kids electronics. Then hubby had an iPhone and I eventually got an android and then moved onto an iPhone. My 2.5 yr old can maneuver it better than most adults. I've put strong filters on so it needs a passcode to be used, to upload anything or to delete anything as well as nothing dirty or violent can be played on it.

My 9 yr old got an iPod for his bday and he doesn't want his 5.5 yr old brother or his sister using it so we decided as long as we are downloading educational games (dd loves the bubble guppies one), keeping restrictions on and putting them in the survivor cases so they don't get broken, we'd get each of the other kids one for Christmas.

They won't have complete access to them either. The boys have to have all homework done, stay out of trouble and do what they're supposed to at home. Dd is too young to use it very often so she'll most likely just get to use hers when her brothers are using theirs and she feels left out. Otherwise, she and I play dollies and puzzles and snuggle a lot :)

• goddess99
    December 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I would probably get him a Wii with the Super Mario Carts game.

• arilyn4
    by arilyn4
    December 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I did the same thing when my daughter was 4 and she still liked to play with the smart phone more than her ds

• delanna6two
    December 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM

If you do, I would watch him with it...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts