Featured Posts
splatz
Do you enjoy going to the movie theater?
by splatz
December 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Do you enjoy going?
Do you feel like it is a waste of money?
How often do you go?

I'm officially old because I HATE going. I haven't gone in 3 years now. Its just so expensive. I much rather enjoy a movie in my own home where I can be comfortable and pause it if I need to. ;)

Replies

• MichelleMc
    December 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I used to love it. But it did get too expensive. Locally there is cheap Mondays so might get back into it.

I HATE HATE HATE that you can pause it at home. My husband is a pause person and that is what drives me crazy. I hate that option. I want the dark room, the big ness of the movie theater, Popcorn, the no distractions of the phone, dishes, laundry, kids, computer, pause button. I can't stand watching a movie in pieces.

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    Lol... but what happens when you have to pee?! I hate that part about the theaters.

Quoting MichelleMc:

I used to love it. But it did get too expensive. Locally there is cheap Mondays so might get back into it.

I HATE HATE HATE that you can pause it at home. My husband is a pause person and that is what drives me crazy. I hate that option. I want the dark room, the big ness of the movie theater, Popcorn, the no distractions of the phone, dishes, laundry, kids, computer, pause button. I can't stand watching a movie in pieces.

• MichelleMc
    December 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quoting splatz:

Lol... but what happens when you have to pee?! I hate that part about the theaters.

Quoting MichelleMc:

I usually can make it thru a movie without having to go. I go before & then go after. I am just fine. I can get focused on the movie & am just fine. LOL.

• timefor2
    December 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM

We have not gone to a movie in a theatre in a very long time. It is very expensive around where we live. We do have a theatre that is cheaper, but we have gone to that one in a long time either. We watch a lot of movies at home as a family, much more relaxing and doesn't cost much or anything at all.

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    We usually borrow new releases from the library. :) Its crazy to me that you can usually buy the movie on dvd for about the price it costs two adults to see it in theaters.

Quoting timefor2:

We have not gone to a movie in a theatre in a very long time. It is very expensive around where we live. We do have a theatre that is cheaper, but we have gone to that one in a long time either. We watch a lot of movies at home as a family, much more relaxing and doesn't cost much or anything at all.

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    It never fails that I can't beforehand. Then 20 minutes into the movie I have to. So I spend the whole time wishing the movie would end faster. That is always my luck! haha

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting splatz:

Quoting MichelleMc:

I usually can make it thru a movie without having to go. I go before & then go after. I am just fine. I can get focused on the movie & am just fine. LOL.

• lovelyladybump
    December 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    I love going. We don't go often.
  • goddess99
    December 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Z and I go several times a year. We like it.

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 11, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Yes, i enjoy going. But it I wait until it goes to the dollar movies first. Can't see paying that much to see a movie either. Once in a great while I will go. It's been about a year or more maybe.

• Dayna29
    by Dayna29
    December 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I did until I had to pay for the ticket. Its way too exspensive. Its been at least 4 years since I've gone. Now I'm not sure when I'm going to go again. SMH! Then the girl next to me wouldn't stop texting. The noise was off but her phone flashed like a camera and she complained about people texting. So stop texting back or turn the phone off. I finally leaned into her and told her to tell the people that the lady next to her took her phone and stop texting. She looked at me weird but she didn't get a text shortly after I told her that. Some people can be so rude. But I had enough of the flash next to me.LOL

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN