Featured Posts
splatz
Do you enjoy going to the movie theater?
by splatz
December 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Do you enjoy going?
Do you feel like it is a waste of money?
How often do you go?

I'm officially old because I HATE going. I haven't gone in 3 years now. Its just so expensive. I much rather enjoy a movie in my own home where I can be comfortable and pause it if I need to. ;)

Replies

• NewMamaBoo
    December 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Sometimes I like it. I go 1.50 movies mostly and the theater is a little more rugged obviously. Can't stand loud ass crap like he promethium trailer 5x louder than ny other trailer...

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM
    Oh my goodness! I wouldn't know what to do with that many movies.

Quoting woolftwo:

Okay, come on over!!! Just make sure you bring those two adorable kiddos with you. We have nearly 1000 blu-rays, pretty much every Disney movie that is out on blu-ray and plenty of popcorn too.

popcorn

Quoting splatz:

I think I want to come watch a movie at your house! haha

Quoting woolftwo:

Totally agree!!! Big waste of money! Plus so much more comfortable at home! Was also always a big hassle to try and sit away from the many people who drench themselves in stinky perfume or cologne or even a really smelly deodorant or whatever!!!!! I have MCS now so I have to be super careful with that! I haven't been in at least 5 years! So guess that officially makes me older then old. Any distractions at home can easily be turned OFF for movie night at home! Plus, with a 60" TV it's almost like a theatre anyway!

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM
    We have talked about starting a regular family movie night. Weekends are always so busy for us. I think I will have to make a resolution for once this year. And try for a movie night once a month.

Quoting mommieT:

If that's the case I'm officially old also. I hate going and it's toooo expensive now the candy, popcorn etc ridiculous. every sat dh and I do family night with the kids we all pick one movie from redbox or netflix pop popcorn turn off all the lights and snuggle up even the dog's get in.  If i'm in a good mood i'll make nacho's and cheese and we pig out. going to the movies is only good for a date night.

• Jenn8604
    December 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM
    Im going today to see the Hobbit. Haven't been since Pirates of the Caribbean 4. I don't have money to see a movie in theaters. Its $5 for a matinee now. I remember when it was $1.50.
  • HisMommy4Ever
    December 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Hmmm damn I haven't gone to the theatre in a while either. I like going but we just don't have the money to spend. The last time we went was when "The Final Destination" (the last one) came out. We haven't gone since....I don't mind going I love it.

• annasmom1234
    December 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I don't like going because other people are just so rude it astounds me!  If you are paying that kind of money to watch a movie...then watch the movie!  Don't text or "surf" with your phone during the movie.  don't talk during the movie.  Don't kick the back of my seat, and please, please, please...if your child is scared silly by the movie-for pete's sake, don't make them sit there terrified, crying and cowering in their seat.  We are fortunate to have a drive-in near our home, so we take full advantage of it.  We get to see the movie on the big screen, and if somebody is kicking my seat, I can spank her!

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    December 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM
    I use to but only the first early show bc then it's only around $5 a person and Wed they have free popcorn lol! It's just so costly!
  • splatz
    by splatz
    December 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM

How cool! I have always wanted to go to a drive-in movie!

Quoting annasmom1234:

I don't like going because other people are just so rude it astounds me!  If you are paying that kind of money to watch a movie...then watch the movie!  Don't text or "surf" with your phone during the movie.  don't talk during the movie.  Don't kick the back of my seat, and please, please, please...if your child is scared silly by the movie-for pete's sake, don't make them sit there terrified, crying and cowering in their seat.  We are fortunate to have a drive-in near our home, so we take full advantage of it.  We get to see the movie on the big screen, and if somebody is kicking my seat, I can spank her!

• annasmom1234
    December 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Quoting splatz:

How cool! I have always wanted to go to a drive-in movie!

Quoting annasmom1234:

It is VERY cool, and affordable too.  You can see 2 movies for $7.00/person, and children 12 and under are $5.00.  Of course, we usually can't hold out to see both movies because we are so tired, but still...it's nice to have the option!

• STVUstudent
    December 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

No, I do not enjoy it.  I hate the idea of spending that much to see a movie, and if you want a snack, forget it!  By the time you pay for two movie tickets, you could have bought the DVD.

I will wait for the DVD, and either rent or buy, then I can sit on my couch in my underwear and watch my big screen hi-def TV and not have to smell or hear the slobs around me... and eat good, fresh snacks...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts