Featured Posts
Cassidy3151
so i took my son to the dr yesterday and
December 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

since he was running a 104.6 temp she check him out and found that he had an ear infection she gave meds for it and he will not take it he spits it right out when i try to give it 2 him i called the pharmacy and they said i cold put it in his bottle well this little stinker will not drink his bottle so i tried juice and he wont drink the juice either any ideas other ideas on how to make him take it or trick him 2 take it ?

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

How old is he?

• tonimw
    by tonimw
    December 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM

i had the same problem with my daughter after she had some horrible tasting anti bodys for her ear iffection as well....and the secret i was told to try was to blow in her face...because her automatic respounce is to suck in..it worked.....

• DixieFlower
    December 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I used to use a medicine syringe. I'd point it toward the inside of one cheek towards the back, tilt head back and then administer.

• PinkButterfly66
    December 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Then blow on his face to make him swallow!  

Quoting DixieFlower:

I used to use a medicine syringe. I'd point it toward the inside of one cheek towards the back, tilt head back and then administer.

• jaydensmom1726
    December 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM

if he is an infant wait till he is mad and crying then stick the syring in his mouth and he will suck on it because he thinks it is his bottle or pacifer.

also if he does take a pacifier they have one that you can put medicine in

• bchic24
    by bchic24
    December 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    If mixing it with my son's drink didn't work I would mix it in ice cream or peanut butter or other foods that would hide the taste. Gl
  • goddess99
    December 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I have hidden medicine in jello, pudding.

• angirose
    December 11, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I agree with all these sudjestions. Blowing his face will ensure him swollowing. The only thing i would add would be maybe applesause if hes old enough to eat it. Strawberry flavor hide some really yucky tasting medicines. Good luck

• terri.a
    by terri.a
    December 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I always used the syringe method DixieFlower described and also give a juice chaser to wash it down.  I never put medications in drinks simply because they usually don't drink it all anyway. Besides, I think kids need to know that taking medications is something we all have to do from time to time...might taste icky but will make them feel better! Be cautious with blowing in the face...could cause aspiration.

• Cassidy3151
    December 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM

i tried putting it in juice and everything nothing is working :( i tried to squirt the thing in the back of his mouth and he ended up spitting it out and hes 2 years old for those who asked :)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN