Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!
December 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

Replies

• ApachePunk
    December 12, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I am 28 and still have a mohawk, still dress like a street punk and patch up all my clothing with band patches, have facial piercings, and still get fresh ink..and my mohawk is going purple in a few weeks (at this age some of that isn't a big deal...but my point is...this isn't changing any time soon) . I'm going out with a bang...I'll have green hair and a septum ring when I die (and I'll be rinding a motor cycle up to that point too and probably still hanging out at punk shows). I don't really care what others think about that. My family loves me just the way I am.

• bbkimberly
    December 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM
    Something needs to be taken into consideration here- this is a BRITISH survey. Their "culture" is different than ours. Baseball caps and mini skirts don't end for us at 40. Lipstick doesn't end for us at 59. Take a look at Elle Macpherson - at 49 she is still beautiful. Beverly Johnson is 60 and STUNNING! That beauty company, and those uptight women that were in the survey can SUCK IT!
  • my2craigs
    December 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I think at a certain age mini skirts are just out regardless of how good you look.  Age gracefully.  You can be stylish without wearing a skirt that barely covers your rear.  I think heavy eye makeup shouldn't be worn after a certain age either.  I used to work with two older women that looked so ridiculous when they'd wear clothes from the junior section.  That's just my opinion.  Be stylish or trendy but do it respectfully regardless of your age but do realize that at a certain point dressing like a teenager is completely inappropriate.

• Goodwoman614
    December 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Baseball caps? 

They keep the rain off my glasses.

• upsy_dayz
    December 12, 2012 at 1:52 AM
    Well, I am 2 weeks shy of 23, and I don't wear mini-skirts, stiletto heels, or fake tans. I generally don't wear much makeup. I do however wear tall knitted boots. They are comfy and warm and I won't be ditching them any time soon.
  • Adored45
    December 12, 2012 at 4:59 AM

My legs are to lovely to cover up...I love my nails....these are done by haters who drag the wanna bees down into the dread of accepting bowl cuts and menopause weight gain....they wear their trophies around their shoulders, commonly referred to as a "Shawl"!

• Diamondblue1
    December 12, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    You're as young as you feel. There are 40 year olds that look 20 years old my great grandmother stayed dressed up she had long natural nails gold facing on her front teeth nice jewlery. She never believed when you get old you have to wear depressing colors like navy blue and black she wore bright colors jeans boots ect. And she was 94 when she passed away.
  • Aishamusty
    December 12, 2012 at 5:50 AM

True! The older make sure what you wear is decent

Quoting BDHRZsMOM:

I do not agree at all! I believe you live for you not others! If you like what you ware and feel comfortable GO FOR IT!simple smile

• AmosFarkle
    December 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I'm 56 and a granny, and I can still rock a fashionable short skirt, within reason.  And by gosh, I WILL.

• xxshelbyxxx
    December 12, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    You say it girl!! Your profile pic doesn't look old! It looks like a pic someone my age takes! And I'm saying that nicely! But I live in Ohio too and my mom is 50 and she still wears high boots, sometimes knee highs, shed wear skirts if she hasn't gained weight recently but not MINI skirts, the pic in this OP is exaggerated, most women don't where skirts that short no matter their age! But I agree with you... Don't give up what ya love!

Quoting momcat437:

I'm one of those "older" women and I have no intention of giving up my lipstick!  Or knee high boots (I live in Ohio and boots are a must--might as well be stylish, too!)--I do draw the line at skinny jeans (I may hurt myself) and short anythings (too scary)--I may be old but I'm not dead!! AND they'll have to shoot me before I give up my Loreal Preference!! ; )

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts