Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!
December 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

Replies

• hello_kitty25
    December 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM

YES

• Tay06
    by Tay06
    December 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I think if everyone would stop worrying about what everyone else is wearing and doing as long as those other people aren't hurting anyone else, then we would have a much more peaceful world.

• amazzonia
    December 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I'm 31 and I had already stopped wearing high heels, lipstick and tights lol, with 2 little ones, I need to be confortable and I just don't have time to make up, I rather spend time with them....not talking about all those bad chemicals in makeup 

• ONA7DAY
    by ONA7DAY
    December 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Forgot my drink order hehe... Gingerbread latte nonfat with whip cream please!

• Lordgodempress
    December 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM

my grandma is 75 yrs old and still gets her nails done and wears makeup and gets her hair done and she looks great.

• Fordprefect
    December 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I think that people should wear what they feel comfortable wearing and what makes them look the best. 

• raven1114
    December 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I love the question "when should woman look more natural" they should always look more natural imo.

• tattdmom2prncss
    December 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I think Miniskirts need to go around 35-40. My MIL used to pull her skirts up to her waist & roll them to make them miniskirts and the way I see it is when your son is old enough to be married you need to let the miniskirts go. I'm not even 30 and I only wear them to specific parties.

As for makeupk I think there's an age limit to how YOUNG you should be, but how old isnt really a big deal. If it still looks decent, who cares, wear your makeup.

Tattoos... well I AM a tattoo artist and I know that when your skin reaches a certain level of thinness and fragility then you should stop getting tattoos only cuz you then are just wasting money. It wont hold to your skin the way you want it to..

artificial nails, come on, it's a classic to see a little old lady with her artificial nails that are rounded with her facorite color! lol I dont think I could ever give up my nails! lol

and yes, tight fitting clothes need to go as you age. Slowly but surely allow the clothes to loosen up. No need to go all loosie goosie, but you sure dont need (and probably dont WANT) to show every wrinkle. lol

• momof3inTN
    December 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I think at a certain age some of that stuff is inappropriate. I don't think there's a set age for everyone though. I'm only 35 and I don't wear makeup, high heels, mini skirts or tight clothes (I prefer comfort over style, thanks). But at a certain point, it just looks bad, stupid and plain ugly. I worked retail, I've seen it all and sometimes I just had to ask myself, "did she look in the mirror???"

But I, like another poster said, think there should be a "you're too young" category. I know my daughter won't be wearing any of the above while she's living under my roof, that's for sure.

• momajo1960
    December 12, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I am almost at that age 52, I am slim, 5'5" and130 lbs.  I wear my boots,  stylish and western with dresses and pants, I wear my skinny jeans as long as the shirt I am wearing goes below my bottom.  I wear clothing that looks good on me, makes me look younger, but not like an idiot trying to look 20 again. I am slight pudgy in my stomach, I do not wear clothing that shows the roll.  Skinny jeans are great as long as my shirt does not show my bulge or my bottom, I just think that is something I should do for my age.  I was taught growing up, do not wear clothes that show your rolls.  I have stuck to that, it is not appealing at all.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts