Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!
December 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Why shouldn't "fat" people wear shorts or a skirt?

Quoting Ali5683:

Fat people shouldn't wear tight clothing, shorts, skirts, tank tops or clothes too small for them. It's disgusting. I don't enjoy seeing butt cracks and side boob on a fat chick. Wear clothing that fits your body shape.

But I don't see why an age group would have anything to do with it unless it was provocative clothing on an old lady. I don't want to see hanging boobs. lol

• la_bella_vita
    December 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Fashion is about expressing yourself. You can be any age you set your mind to. Whatever fits your body type and you look good in it! Rock it! My grandmother has amazing legs and stil rocks shorters skirts. She looks classy.

• RoseBud93
    December 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I think if it looks good and you like it, GO FOR IT. Age is more then just a number.
    I have to add 'looks good' because fat people in mini skirts at ANY age is just a big no no. 

• kyliemaynard
    December 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM

1. Do you agree with the survey?
      No 100%  I always tell the ladies who come to my store that I work at to dress how you want not how society tells you to.

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?
    Almost always. You should try to be natural you and add makeup and clothes to help bring more of the inner beauty out. :D 

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?
     None that I can think of..

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?
    I don't think so, I think that people should be able to wear what makes them feel awesome. If you are confident in it, you will own it! 

• nicole2884
    December 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM

i think you can wear whatever you like, but i do think that if you are dressing in a manner that is much younger than you are it ages you, if i saw a 40 year old wearing a mini skirt an tank top i would have to wonder about her, im not a judgemental person, but i do believe certain things are for certain ages

• Mrs.Miller11
    December 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM

No, I think as long as its done in moderation, there is no age limit to these things listed. Being older doesnt mean you stop taking care of yourself or attempting to look nice.

• SparklingHope
    December 11, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I agree with the tight fitting clothing and the mini-skirts..but with the otherstuff, why does that all matter? My grandma is over 60 and still wears lipstick and gets her nails done. lol. She does it tastefully though. 

• Jess0915
    December 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Well, I think people should wear what they want, whatever makes them feel good. If we're putting rules on clothing, can we somehow get people to wear clothes that fit properly? Lol. It's much worse to me to see guys running around with huge pants that are falling off and someone trying to wear something 5 sizes too small. Lol.

• MaskedMomma
    December 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM

oh thats crazy. where in the world would a 50yr old even look decent in a mini-skirt? no one ever looks good in one let alone as we age. I think the survey is a pile of crap.

women should start to look more natural whenever they want but I say once your in your 30s

I have a pair of 'jeggings' in my closet and an over-sized shirt. Got them both at a yard sale for a good price, after I had another c-section and couldn't wear regular jeans yet, and figured what the heck. I'll wear it around the house sometimes but would never think of going out in public in that.

yes

• notjstanothrmom
    December 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I have no idea. I am 24 and I haven't put much thought into what older people should or should not wear. I think that everyone really just ages differently and adapts differently.

I am young and natural. I don't do heels or make up or hair dye. That is just who I am.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts