According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots. Read more about it here.
1. Do you agree with the survey?
2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?
3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?
4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?
While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what you would like us to serve you!
Why shouldn't "fat" people wear shorts or a skirt?
Fat people shouldn't wear tight clothing, shorts, skirts, tank tops or clothes too small for them. It's disgusting. I don't enjoy seeing butt cracks and side boob on a fat chick. Wear clothing that fits your body shape.
But I don't see why an age group would have anything to do with it unless it was provocative clothing on an old lady. I don't want to see hanging boobs. lol
Fashion is about expressing yourself. You can be any age you set your mind to. Whatever fits your body type and you look good in it! Rock it! My grandmother has amazing legs and stil rocks shorters skirts. She looks classy.
1. Do you agree with the survey? No 100% I always tell the ladies who come to my store that I work at to dress how you want not how society tells you to.
2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'? Almost always. You should try to be natural you and add makeup and clothes to help bring more of the inner beauty out. :D
3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe? None that I can think of..
4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group? I don't think so, I think that people should be able to wear what makes them feel awesome. If you are confident in it, you will own it!
i think you can wear whatever you like, but i do think that if you are dressing in a manner that is much younger than you are it ages you, if i saw a 40 year old wearing a mini skirt an tank top i would have to wonder about her, im not a judgemental person, but i do believe certain things are for certain ages
I agree with the tight fitting clothing and the mini-skirts..but with the otherstuff, why does that all matter? My grandma is over 60 and still wears lipstick and gets her nails done. lol. She does it tastefully though.
Well, I think people should wear what they want, whatever makes them feel good. If we're putting rules on clothing, can we somehow get people to wear clothes that fit properly? Lol. It's much worse to me to see guys running around with huge pants that are falling off and someone trying to wear something 5 sizes too small. Lol.
oh thats crazy. where in the world would a 50yr old even look decent in a mini-skirt? no one ever looks good in one let alone as we age. I think the survey is a pile of crap.
women should start to look more natural whenever they want but I say once your in your 30s
I have a pair of 'jeggings' in my closet and an over-sized shirt. Got them both at a yard sale for a good price, after I had another c-section and couldn't wear regular jeans yet, and figured what the heck. I'll wear it around the house sometimes but would never think of going out in public in that.