Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!
December 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

Replies

• goddess99
    December 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Leave it to the Brits lol but saying that my dh is British and 27, I'm 40 and he would have a fit if I threw out my thigh high boots. And I have more tattoos than you can shake a stick at. I believe in wear what you want.

• mickstinator
    December 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM

What is wrong with baseball caps? I didn't know that was a young thing...

I definitely think women should dress appropriately for their age/place in life. I am purposefully modest because I'm a wife and mom. When I'm old and not holding up as well, I imagine I'll lose my skinny jeans, too. I doubt I'll want to go through all the rigmarole anyway by that time. 

• mmtosam06
    December 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I would like a Hot upside down caramel macchiato and I disagree with the survey. you live for you not to please others. So what if someone gets offended that's their problem not yours

• Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    December 11, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Fat people shouldn't wear tight clothing, shorts, skirts, tank tops or clothes too small for them. It's disgusting. I don't enjoy seeing butt cracks and side boob on a fat chick. Wear clothing that fits your body shape.

But I don't see why an age group would have anything to do with it unless it was provocative clothing on an old lady. I don't want to see hanging boobs. lol

• Cafe MichelleP
    December 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I don't wear mini skirts anymore either but it is a personal preference for me.

Peppermint mocha latte coming right up!

Quoting jillian_G1:

Can I have a hot peppermint mocha latte, please!! I disagree; women should wear what they feel comfortable in. But for me; myself, I do not wear mini skirts. I don't wear lipstick either, just lipliners and lip gloss. I do wear heels but only occasionally. I live in oklahoma and it can get cold here, so yes; I wear boots.holding ornaments

• LowryCuisine
    December 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM

If I want to wear a mini skirt at 40, or get a tattoo at 60 I will. Why should I care what others think of my style. That's what's sets trends.

• Cafe MichelleP
    December 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM

As much as I LOVE an upside down caramel macchiato, google images does not, so I have improvised!!

Enjoy. :)

Quoting mmtosam06:

I would like a Hot upside down caramel macchiato and I disagree with the survey. you live for you not to please others. So what if someone gets offended that's their problem not yours

• sassysuie
    December 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I think women should wear what they want to wear! If putting on false nails  at age 59 makes you feel pretty, GO FOR IT!

• IQuitCounting
    December 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Well, I don't wear lipstick or fake nails now... and I'm 32.  I wouldn't say I waer tight clothing either.  Fitted, but not tight.  I also don't do caps, fake tans or mini-shirts.  I have no tatoos, although my husband and I are considering get one that compliment one another (not match, just that go together), and I haven't owned a pair of tall boots since I was 22.  I do dress up and wear make-up, but the specifics mentioned all happen to be things I just don't do because it's not "me."

Fashion is fashion, who even knows what's going to be popular 5, 10, 15 years from now.  I don't care what an older lady wears, although I do agree that trying to "dress young" can look super silly and that dressing more refined at an older age looks better.

Ans for "questionable" items in my wardrobe... not really, not unless you count those things that only come out for Halloween!

• Looneyfarmmom
    December 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Good thing I don't listen to the general population about what they think. Because as far as I am concerned they really do not matter. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN