Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!
December 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

You didn't say mini skirt and belly shirt in your post. You just said skirt, shorts, tank tops. I agree with dressing appropriately.

Quoting Ali5683:

I am overweight. Not by much but I still can't get away with wearing a mini skirt and belly shirt. There are some things that are inappropriate for overweight/fat/obese people to wear. Bottom line.

If you're overweight/fat/obese, dress appropriately. That's my point.

Quoting Janet:

Not all overweight people have these things. Shame on you! All ladies should dress like ladies. You never know one day you could gain weight. Never say never, everyone does!

Quoting Ali5683:

You don't already know the answer to that question?! Really?

I don't want to see fat rolls, vericose veins and cellulite. It's disgusting! In my opinion, fat people should not wear anything that shows these unless it's at home.

Quoting Janet:

Why shouldn't "fat" people wear shorts or a skirt?

Quoting Ali5683:

Fat people shouldn't wear tight clothing, shorts, skirts, tank tops or clothes too small for them. It's disgusting. I don't enjoy seeing butt cracks and side boob on a fat chick. Wear clothing that fits your body shape.

But I don't see why an age group would have anything to do with it unless it was provocative clothing on an old lady. I don't want to see hanging boobs. lol

• Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    December 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM

OMG Do I need to get all specific just for you? No. Fat people who have rolls and cellulite are gross to me.

Quoting Janet:

You didn't say mini skirt and belly shirt in your post. You just said skirt, shorts, tank tops. I agree with dressing appropriately.

Quoting Ali5683:

I am overweight. Not by much but I still can't get away with wearing a mini skirt and belly shirt. There are some things that are inappropriate for overweight/fat/obese people to wear. Bottom line.

Quoting Janet:

Not all overweight people have these things. Shame on you! All ladies should dress like ladies. You never know one day you could gain weight. Never say never, everyone does!

Quoting Ali5683:

I don't want to see fat rolls, vericose veins and cellulite. It's disgusting! In my opinion, fat people should not wear anything that shows these unless it's at home.

Quoting Janet:

Quoting Ali5683:

Fat people shouldn't wear tight clothing, shorts, skirts, tank tops or clothes too small for them. It's disgusting. I don't enjoy seeing butt cracks and side boob on a fat chick. Wear clothing that fits your body shape.

But I don't see why an age group would have anything to do with it unless it was provocative clothing on an old lady. I don't want to see hanging boobs. lol

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

You were specific enough in your first post. That's not a very nice thing to say on here.

Quoting Ali5683:

OMG Do I need to get all specific just for you? No. Fat people who have rolls and cellulite are gross to me.

Quoting Janet:

Quoting Ali5683:

Quoting Janet:

Quoting Ali5683:

Quoting Janet:

Quoting Ali5683:

• nikkita311
    December 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM
    Wear what you like
  • ChristyG2012
    December 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I agree with some stuff...Like skin tight fitting clothes, mini skirts, & words across their booty! But older women should feel free to wear lipstick, high heels, get their nails done, & there's nothing they can do about previous tatoos! They're not dead yet!

• SweetLuci
    December 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

1. Do you agree with the survey? No

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'? Whatever age they feel.

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe? Not sure.

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group? No-I think it's up to the woman. It has more to do with weight and shape most of the time.

• workingmommy87
    December 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Makes me think of all the fishnet shirts in my closet. SO says they still fit, so why toss them, I say I'm too old to wear stuff like that. lol

• jyofray
    by jyofray
    December 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    If you are a mother, IMO I feel you should leave it to the imagination, but not look like a nun. If that makes any sense?
  • bambiesmiles
    December 14, 2012 at 5:07 PM

everyone ages differently, thinks different, thats what makes us individuals. No one should try to tell ya different. No one should say no lip stick after a certain age. matter of fact some shouldnt go with out lol. just like some women look better in tight clothes so long as they have a longer shirt to cover the cameltoes they formed after so much ... anyways lol this is my opinion because im an individual thinker.

• OliviasMommy611
    December 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    Haha

Quoting wishbearmom:

If you've still got it, flaunt it!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts