Featured Posts
kittykathall
protein in urine?
December 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I went to the hospital yesterday cause I was feeling dizy, having weird spotty vision & my face,hands and feet were swelling pretty bad.. Also my urine was very yellow and I wasn't going to the washroom as much.. And when I went there my blood work was fine, but they said I have protein in my urine and I have to go back tuesday for it to be checked again and if its still there/worse they have to deliver me.

I've looked up a few things on this but I'm not getting a awnser..

My question is:
Since there is protein in my urine already will it go away by tuesday?
And what causes it?

Ps, I'm 37 weeks 4 days.

Someone tell me your experiance?

(To the trolls: sorry for the spelling errors or what not.. On mobile. )

Replies

• SlapItHigh
    December 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM

We can't answer that.

• MusherMaggie
    December 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    You may be dehydrated, but protein in urine is a symptom of kidney malfunction, whatever the cause. Push the fluid, particularly water!
  • EmmaZate
    December 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I had the Swelling and High BP for about 2 weeks at 37&38 weeks. When I hit 39 I got the Protein in my urine and they induced me 3 days later. Good luck to you Mama!! 

• Starry412
    December 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Look up Pre-clampisa or Toxcima it may not be spelled that way but I am very sure you have that because I had it with my first and had to do an emergency c-section at 34 wks. My baby was fine just very early. If you want to talk about it inbox me.

• ccmdlove
    December 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Around 35 weeks I started with swelling and felt dizzy.  They took my blood pressure which was high. They diagnosed me with hypertension.   I had to be put on bedrest.  The bedrest helped and I ended up having my son at 39 weeks.  But if I didn't go into labor on my own they would have induced me or c section because the day I had contractions there was protein in my urine which was the beginning of preeclampsia.  But this is just my experience.  Your doctors know what is good for you. Good Luck!!!!

• momtoBrenna
    December 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

It really depends on the amount of protein. Trace to plus 1 is normal in pregnancy but higher than that couples with your other symptoms is likely preeclampsia. Your baby will be fine being born at 37-38 weeks. Be careful and if you add abdominal pain to your symptoms, go back in ASAP!

• noahscott
    December 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

There may be some because you are so far along in your pregnancy but it sounds like you are either dehydrated (drink water only and about a gallon a day) or you have high blood pressure which could lead to preeclampsia. At this point your baby will be fine if you need to be delivered. Did they check your Blood pressure?

• LivinDeadGurl
    December 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM

When I was pregnant with my middle son, I had the same symptoms you described. I had protein in my urine and they monitored my levels for about two weeks. I had to collect all urine for 24 hours to have it tested, then do it again a few days later and whatnot. They told me that as long as my levels didn't increase, I was fine.

Sadly, mine did and I ended up being induced for pre-eclampsia. Thankfully, I was 38 weeks at that point.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts