angirose
Your thoughts??
December 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
My xh and I have several different ways of parenting our 7 yr old. In short terms my xh is content in treating our son like he is 2yrs old. Most of the time I don't step in about the way he patents at his home. Because he does pay the price of his ways. For instant my son acts out often. Exspects certain things. Doesn't listen and just walks all over his father. I on the other hand have a lot of expectations for my son. Such as mining his manners. Earning what he gets. School work is a must! Chores and please and thank yous.
The one thing I am really concerned with that his father allows is the sleeping arrangements. I know the laws and what they state. But I am
Interested in your thoughts on the subject.
Here at my home. My son has his own room and his own bed. His room is literally ten feet away from mine. And he always sleeps in his own bed. We leave both doors open thru the night.
At his fathers he has always slept with his father. Until recently where his father got him a single to put beside his fathers bed in the same room. Only because he has a new gf. Mind you the house they are in is a two bedroom but this was his solution to my son telling him "he gets scared and lonely" ....
At my home I cuddle my son to sleep and he is fine with being alone.
What are your thoughts?

Replies

• MistressMinerva
    December 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

He should be in his own room even at his dad's house.

• jbirdsladie27
    December 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    Own room.
  • Mommyof2114
    December 9, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    Own room. I've had a similar situation with my son and that is he used to sleep with the aunt or grandma. I didn't like it
  • Janet
    by Janet
    December 9, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Not with a girl friend, NO WAY! I would be upset.

• angirose
    December 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    Oh believe Me I am.... In fact I believe it's completely discusting!!

Quoting Janet:

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I believe you are right!

Quoting angirose:

Oh believe Me I am.... In fact I believe it's completely discusting!!

Quoting Janet:

• Venae
    by Venae
    December 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM

As far as I know, a child has to have their own room - they can't sleep on the couch or floor on an air mattress - you have to be able to provide them their own room.  They sure as hell can't sleep in the same room w/dad and his girlfriend.  You have cause to stop the overnight visits, in my opinion.

• SlapItHigh
    December 10, 2012 at 3:24 AM

I actually think it's fine.

• USMCwife0530
    December 10, 2012 at 4:06 AM
    O_o how come?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I actually think it's fine.

• Sammi20
    by Sammi20
    December 10, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Yeah I would tell your xh he needs to set up the other bedroom for your son... he is old enough to be in his own room and can't use that excuse since he sleeps in his room at your house.