How long did you wait? (piog)
December 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM
After giving birth to take a bath?

Drive?

Start exercising?

Replies

• DixieFlower
    December 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I took a tub bath the night I was discharged so 3 days. My doula had given me an herbal bath to use to help with healing. I took a shower as soon as I was able to stand and be steady after my sons births so it was the night of their births. As to driving. With my oldest I was back to driving 4 days after he was born. For my youngest I waited about 3 weeks. The only reason though was because I am driving a 12 passenger van and I was concerned about the pulling myself in and out as well as how rough of a ride it is. I really never exercised so that one doesn't apply to me.

• Deanna1224
    December 9, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I waited until my 6 weeks checkup before i took a bath. 8 weeks, my mother wouldn't let me leave the house. i had a c-section so i waited until about 4 weeks before i started walking.

• ambermario4ever
    December 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I don't take a lot of baths I mostly shower so I could not tell you.

just like a few days to a week.

well you are told to wait six weeks. But I never started exerciseing till oct. of this year and my youngest turned four last month.

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Took a bath when I got home from the hospital. Exercising, well that would depend on which child it was. The last one I never did she was exercise enough. If I were you, I would wait and get the okay from my doctor.

• SlapItHigh
    December 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I can't remember.

• goddess99
    December 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I had a csection so it waited a long time before taking a bath. I think it was a few weeks before I drove as well. Exercise? Still haven't really done that, been 10 years.

• jbirdsladie27
    December 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    A bath... never a shower immediately
    As soon as I was comfortable enough
    Baha what's exercise???
  • momofsunshine77
    December 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I only shower and it was next day

2 weeks cuz of c-section

walking around next morning slowly - does that count, normal excercise was about 4 weeks i think dont really remember

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN