How long did you wait? (piog)
December 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM
After giving birth to take a bath?

Drive?

Start exercising?

Replies

• DixieFlower
    December 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I took a tub bath the night I was discharged so 3 days. My doula had given me an herbal bath to use to help with healing. I took a shower as soon as I was able to stand and be steady after my sons births so it was the night of their births. As to driving. With my oldest I was back to driving 4 days after he was born. For my youngest I waited about 3 weeks. The only reason though was because I am driving a 12 passenger van and I was concerned about the pulling myself in and out as well as how rough of a ride it is. I really never exercised so that one doesn't apply to me.

• Deanna1224
    December 9, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I waited until my 6 weeks checkup before i took a bath. 8 weeks, my mother wouldn't let me leave the house. i had a c-section so i waited until about 4 weeks before i started walking.

• ambermario4ever
    December 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I don't take a lot of baths I mostly shower so I could not tell you.

just like a few days to a week.

well you are told to wait six weeks. But I never started exerciseing till oct. of this year and my youngest turned four last month.

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Took a bath when I got home from the hospital. Exercising, well that would depend on which child it was. The last one I never did she was exercise enough. If I were you, I would wait and get the okay from my doctor.

• SlapItHigh
    December 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I can't remember.

• goddess99
    December 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I had a csection so it waited a long time before taking a bath. I think it was a few weeks before I drove as well. Exercise? Still haven't really done that, been 10 years.

• jbirdsladie27
    December 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    A bath... never a shower immediately
    As soon as I was comfortable enough
    Baha what's exercise???
  • momofsunshine77
    December 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I only shower and it was next day

2 weeks cuz of c-section

walking around next morning slowly - does that count, normal excercise was about 4 weeks i think dont really remember