Featured Posts
toybar02
Need some advice
December 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
my son is 1 years old, and he has very painful bowel movements to the point where hes screaming from the pain and he bleeds when he poops, i dont understand why his poop comes out so hard because i feed him soft food, any ideas or tips to help him, i hate seeing him in pain, thanks in advance

Replies

• Bethy16
    by Bethy16
    December 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM
    Pear juice works great too.
  • goddess99
    December 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I would give more liquids, maybe call a nurse and see what they recommend.

• DarlaHood
    December 10, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Just be careful with the high fiber if he is constipated because it can cause bloat and a lot of discomfort to dramatically increase fiber content and not be able to eliminate it.  Also if he is on any iron supplement or iron fortified formula, talk to your doctor about changing that.  He may not need supplemental iron.  Karo is a great suggestion.  And make sure he is getting enough healthy fats in his diet.  Olive oil, avocado, almonds or almond milk, ground flaxseed, canola oil, olives(chopped), and nut butters (such as almond butter, natural peanut butter, etc...).  

If you try all the natural remedies and are still having difficulty, you may want to talk to your doctor about Colace, which is a very effective stool softener.

Note:  If you have a history of allergies in your family, consult your doctor about the introduction of nuts.  The latest pediatric guidelines say it's o.k. to give nuts and nut butters when introducing solid foods, but many moms proceed with caution when it comes to nuts.  You can expose his skin first, and if no reaction, inttroduce and keep an eye on him. Most kids are fine, but all moms should know the signs of allergic reaction, and what do do if observing those signs. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts