Featured Posts
ANR1390
Hardest age for boys
by ANR1390
December 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM
My boys are 4 and almost 6. So far this age group has been the worst! I loved the newborn to 2 years old. 3 was okay, but 4-6 has been stressful. Please tell y'all's experience. What age does it get at least a little less stressful?

Replies

• Mommy4000
    December 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I've only recently started to have issues with my son's behavior and he's 12. It could be that puberty pre-teen thing kicking in, but up until now he's been just perfect.

• Bethy16
    by Bethy16
    December 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM
    My son is 8 and he is the perfect child lol he is really a great kid. My daughter will be 4 next week,,, if I let her live that long lol
  • orngblsm
    December 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

What are your issues with the four-to-six age group?  If it is the energy, it will settle down some by the time they are about eight to ten.  By the time they are teens, they get to be downright slothlike, especially if chores are involved.  If it is attitude, you may want to read up on parenting techiniques, because four-to-six is nothing compared to the teen years, specifically 15-19.  I got two boys through it and have two more to go.  I am hoping I can still be considered sane by the time they are all adults.  lol

• kimsamomof3
    December 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM
    Wait until they are 12-17. That is a rough time.
  • RubyMom0526
    December 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM

No issues here with a five and 10 year old boys

• MichelleMc
    December 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I thought 4-6 was awesome, LOL. I think really just that 12-16 is harder for them with puberty, trying to become men, etc. It wasn't horrible or anything but it was harder.

• HaileysMom07180
    December 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

my dd is 6 and she is finally a lot let stressful for us it was 4-6.  we still have our stressful moments with her,b ut nothing like before, she if finally calming down quite a bit.

• WithHope
    December 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    We're at 2 and I maintain I'm always one stunt away from losing my mind. I love my little guy to pieces but the only time he is calm is if he's unchildproofing something. Today alone he's turned summersaults down the back of my couch, climbed his dresser, hid my keys and took his sisters pop tart. From the description you'd think he just runs amuck but these stunts all occur in the time it takes me to clean up one mess or change my littlest son. The saving grace is he is so sweet you know he means no harm...
  • Dazyjo
    by Dazyjo
    December 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    I think it really depends on so many factors. Each child is different anyway but family dynamic, birth order, ages & gender of siblings, social influences, all these things and more can affect how a child behaves or responds to things at different stages. And I don't think it ever really gets UN-stressful. Parents will always have worries and stress about what's going on with their kids. sorry that you're having troubles right now. Can't promise that it'll get better, but I can promise it'll get different :-)
  • Dazyjo
    by Dazyjo
    December 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    I want to say also, we as parents are unique and this makes our experience unique. You could give 20 moms 20 clones of the same child and we would each come away with totally different experiences parenting that child.
    For me, I've never been the worry wart. I didn't take my kids to Dr unless they had symptoms I couldn't solve with Tylenol or vix. My dad always said'don't sweat the small stuff'and I guess that was one thing that stuck.
    Just remember- 'this too shall pass' :-)
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN